Detention in the Forest

Adria's POV

The day before our detention was uneventful. Except for some homework and Harry had quidditch practice. Nancy meet me in the morning at breakfast before going to the owlery to sleep. McGonagall told the others to meet Mr Filch in the entrance hall after dinner for detention. Professor Flitwick told me the same. When I study with Draco, he told me that Snape had told him the same thing. Guess McGonagall wasn't lying when she said we'd all be serving detention together tonight.

The five of us followed Mr Filch to Hagrid's place. On the way he told us about the old punishments and the forbidden forest. Apparently they used to chain students to the ceiling of the dungeons. Filch said he missed the screaming which made me shuddered in disgust and horror. He even agreed that there were werewolves in the forest.

He left us with Hagrid. He told us how Dumbledore had sent Norbert away to live with a colony in Romania. He then lead us into the forbidden forest with a crossbow in hand. I was sad that Norbert was sent away. I would of loved to of watched a real dragon grow up.

Hagrid told us about an injured unicorn, that made me even sad. That it was our job to find the poor creature. Either catch it so that he can nurse it back to health or put if out of it's misery. As we split up into two groups I went with Draco, Fang (Hagrid's boar-hound) and Harry. While the other two went wit Hagrid. Nancy appeared and landed on my shoulder. As I trailed the two boys and Fang.

"Wait 'til my father hears about this! This is servant's stuff" Draco whines.

"Give it a rest Malfoy" I snap and he remained quiet.

"If I didn't know any better, Draco, I'd say you were scared" Harry says.

"I'm not scared Potter" Draco sneers. We hear a howl. "Did you hear that?" he asks in a quiet tone. I shake my head. We continue our search for the injured unicorn in silence.

Suddenly we come across a dark figure hovering over a dead unicorn and Draco run away screaming with Fang. Nancy flew to get help as I shot red sparks into the air using her wand. Like Hagrid told us to. But Harry backed into him knocking us both over into big tree roots as the dark figure approached us and I dropped my wand. The figure was leaning over us when another four legged shadow figure jumped out of the tree line and attacked it. Rearing on it's hind legs.

Harry helped me up as the scary dark figure disappeared into the darkness and the other one creature walked over to us. I grabbed my wand as the centaur  stepped into the light. I relax as Nancy lands on my shoulder. "You both must leave" he tells us.

"Thank you for saving us Mr Centaur" I tell him. He nods his head and has a conversation with Harry. While I eyed the forest waiting for the others. They soon arrived. Hermione hugged me tightly.

"Are you ok Adria?" she asks me concerned.

"I'm fine" I assure her. I then went over to Draco and slapped him on the cheek hard. He looked at me shocked. "You run away like a coward again, I'll body bind you" I sneer. Before going back to my twin.

Hagrid thanked the centaur named Firenze for protecting Harry and I. He then checked on the unicorn to discover it was already dead. I patted Fang and he calmed down. Before we left I asked if I could ask Firenze some questions about centaurs sometime. He said as long as it had nothing to do with predicting the future, he'd be honored to help me. As he left he told me if I ever wanted to talk to come to the forest edge near the lake and call his name. I nodded my head happily, and followed the others back to the castle to go to bed.

Hagrid took us to the castle, before leaving us. Hermione lead the Harry and Ron to Gryffindor tower. I went to Ravenclaw tower alone. While Hagrid escorted Draco to the Slytherin common room, which is somewhere in the dungeons. Once we were out of hearing range of them. Harry told the us that the dark figure that had attacked us was Voldemort.

So now not only was Snape after the stone, but he wanted it for Voldemort. Hermione and I assured Harry saying as long as Dumbledore was around. He was safe along with the stone and Voldemort couldn't touch him. This cheered him up and we all said our good nights before going to our separate common rooms. Me making a mental note to send a letter to Snape tomorrow about Voldemort being in the forest.

When I entered my dorm room. I saw Padma awake. "How was detention?" she asks me in a whisper.

"Educational" I tell her. We both go ready for bed. Wishing each other a good night. Before laying in our separate beds and falling asleep.

A/N

Picture above of Adria's outfit, including the bracelet she got from Draco. Gif on the external link of Firenze saving Adria and Harry from Voldemort.