Carvings

"You suck" "What did I do now-?" America shielded himself, taking offence.

"You know very well what you did" I shoved my hands into my pockets in my rather cozy jacket.

"Is it about the ass thing? I already said sorry" "No! Well, that too, but- I'm talking about how you got me in detention" I glared at him. "Ohh yeah, I totally forgot about that" He smirked at me. "Bullshit"

"Y'know what, I'd rather not go home right now" I stopped up. "Why?" "Oh yeah, I wonder why" I eyed him up and down a few times.

"Ohh I get it, I won't set your house on fire geez! That was a one time thing!" He crossed his arms. "Uh-huh..." I replied, not really believing one words coming out of his mouth.

"Anyways, let's take a trip to the forest, we haven't been there for a while" I took a turn off the street, and headed towards a dirt path leading straight to the forest.

"Why do you wanna go there?" "Like I said before, we haven't been there in a while" "We haven't been at the graveyard in a while, yet you don't wanna go there" "Didn't have to bring that up.." "I-" He tried to find an excuse, I could hear it, but it looked like he realised it was messed up to bring that up. "I'm sorry" "Don't overthink it.."

I glanced at the view. More and more trees came into the view, the further we, or rather I, walked along the path.

"So.." I started, wanting to break the silence. "How are you feeling?" "I feel better thanks to you, but I could be better" "I got you" I nodded.

"Oh wait, I have an idea" I smiled, happy that I thought of something to distract ourselves with.

I ran down the path, not feeling like walking the last bit.

I stopped up once we had reached the maze of trees, not literally of course. I took a second to catch my breath, as I glanced up.

The tree tops covered the sky, making small beams of sunshine burst through and heat up my skin random places.

I glanced at America, only to find him staring at me. I looked at his fluffy hair yet quite messy, it suited his personality, but not as much as his eyes. I trailed down to his eyes, they were a beautiful rich blue colour, with a tint of cyan, they almost lit up, or maybe it's just the fact that they were so mesmerising.

My eyes trailed down to his lips, they looked so soft, like soft ice just waiting to be enjoyed. Yet they looked so smooth unlike anything I've ever seen.

I looked up to meet his gaze again, I found him staring at my lips, but turned around once he caught me staring at him. "A-anyways... What did you have in mind..?" He spoke up, breaking my trance.

"Not much. Honestly, it's kind of silly, so don't judge" I smiled, walking towards a huge tree with wires and logs in every direction, and the crown of the tree looking so full of life, yet so huge and beautiful.

I squinted my eyes as a beam of sunshine passed over my eyes as I walked towards the tree.

I opened my eyes fully, and rested them on the  rind. I pressed my palm onto it, checking if it was empty within. It wasn't.

"This tree is it, it's perfect" "It is quite perfect, but perfect for what?" America asked. "You'll see"

"You can still hold things, right?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" "You'll see. Just follow me lead"
"Alrighty boss"

I grabbed my pocket knife, and flipped it up. I pressed the blade against the tree.

I glanced at America, and I saw his eyes somewhat lit up. I smiled at that.

I caved my name into the tree, and caved a '&' underneath . I handed America the knife, and he smiled cheekily at me. "Yeah yeah, I get it" I waved at him, moving aside to give him space.

He leaned forwards and started carving 'America' under the '&'

He handed me the knife back, and I thanked him before folding it so I won't cut myself later on it.

I shoved it down my back pocket. "That's so cheesy" "I knew it" "But, I do find it cute" "It's not cute, it's just y'know.. a way to prove our friendship." I cringed at my choice of words. "Aren't just us being friends enough?" "I-" "I'm just messing with you, I love it"

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly, but I didn't care. All I cared about, was my best friend right in front of me.

His eyes rested on the tree. "I really do" He lifted his eyes up to meet mine. "I'm glad, for so do I" I stepped closer to him.

I noticed him leaning closer towards me, my cheeks felt all tingly. I leaned forward as well.

As I was about to close the gap, I fell forwards and onto the ground.

I was greeted with laughter from what sounded like an angel, or rather America, but there isn't much difference on that one.

I turned my head only to see him holding his stomach, almost crying out of laughter.

I smiled softly, and pushed myself up. "Yea yeah, don't overreact about it" I huffed, the embarrassment hitting like a rock.

"You should've seen yourself!" He pointed at me laughing, but failing to keep his hand steady.

I dusted myself off to distract me from the humiliation. "I get it, don't get a hold of yourself" I muttered.

His laughs started to cool down, but he still had a shit eating grin on his face.

"Let's just head home" "Whatever ya say dumbo" I shook my head at his choice of name. "Classic America" I rolled my eyes, kicking some random rock as I walked down the path we came from.

'I guess you could say I fell for him, literally. Not that I would admit it out loud.'
[]—[]—[]

Thanks for reading this chapter, here's a little fluff for ya hearts.

Hope you enjoyed :) Not that you have, just hoping, but also not that you aren't-

-Sincerely Dew

Vote goal: 121/150