Making up

Haven't updated this bitch in a while, but I've been busy with other fandoms and tiktok.
Also cause people seemed to like the oneshots more, but like. As promised, I am updating this cremated lamp🕺
[]—[]—[]

Kiwi had been sending texts all day, it was honestly becoming quite annoying. At first, I had been reading them from my notification bar, but gave up as he never got to the point.
If it was that important, he could just tell me, instead of dragging it out.

I had spent yesterday making up to people, everyone apart from my siblings that is.

I stared at the front door, leading to OUR home. Lights were on, and I could see Kazakhstan cooking what most likely is dinner.

I took in a deep breath, before grabbing onto the door handle, opening it.

It was surprisingly quiet, apart from the sound of cooking coming from the other room. The smell of bacon filled the air, almost making my mouth water.

"Where have you been?" Belarus asked, her tone a bit harsh(probably expecting me still to be moody)

I sighed, drawing a hand through my hair. "I've been 'round town seeing a few people" I explained, causing her to raise a brow suspiciously.

My cheeks heated up, almost as fast as my eyes widened "Not in that way!" I added, trying to save it. She simply shook her head, chuckling a bit. "Alright, feeling better?" She asked, shifting her weight onto her other hip.

I nodded, giving her a shy smile. "Where's Ukraine?" I asked, the mood in the air quickly shifted to something more depressing.

"Ukraine is in their room. Haven't explained why, doesn't seem to want to either." Belarus sighed, eyeing Kaz inside of the kitchen behind her.

"I'll try and talk to him, I have a feeling it's my fault" I sighed, feeling my ribcage tighten.

I felt terrible, supposed I deserve it though. Especially after how I snapped at him, despite him just worrying for my health. I was in the wrong, there's no denying that. Just cause I feel shit.. Doesn't mean I should've ruin his day as well.

I took off my shoes and jacket, before steadily walking up the stairs.

Each step felt slower than the other. I wanted to just turn around, make a U-turn and head back outdoors. I knew that would only make things worse though, I had to man up.

Once I reached the top, I could head muffled sobs coming from his room.

Maybe I should give him some space?

No, he's clearly upset, I should comfort him. I'm his older brother, that's my job!

But what if the best comfort right now, would be giving him some time alone?

I decided to check on him, he could always shove me out if he did need some time.

I knocked on the door, the sobbing from the other side came to a halt.

Silence. The silence was so loud.

"It's me, Russia. Can I come in?" I asked, hopeful.

I frowned when I didn't get any reply, slowly backing up. "Sorry for disturbing, I'll leave you be now-"

"Wait-!" He cut me off. I paused my movements, eyeing the door again. "You may come in" His voice sniffled. I smile, gently pushing the door open, revealing a upset country hugging their pillow tight, with tear stains rolling down his cheeks.

Had I caused that? I felt my heart shatter a bit, if that was even possible to shatter once more.
"Ukraine? Oh gosh, I'm so sorry-" I paused, closing the door behind me, before making my way over to the edge of his bed, taking a seat there.

"I was in a bad mood, I didn't mean any of those unpleasant words I said. I just snapped, after having a... nightmare.." I placed my hand on his knee, giving him a apologetic knowing look.

"A nightmare about... what?" He sniffled, bringing his palm up to wipe some fresh tears away. I could barely see him now that I had closed the door. He really needed some light in his room, but I know how much of a pain that could be, especially after crying, having likely a headache and sensitive eyes.

"About someone I cared about.., who's not here with me anymore..." I explained, leaving out some details. Ukraine nodded, catching onto that. "What happened to them?" He asked.

There was a small pause, thinking of what I should say.

"He moved somewhere else, and... I haven't heard from him since, supposedly his phone or other stuff being taken from him or something. I really miss him though" I explained, altering the real story just a tiny bit.

"Sounds like you were close" "The closest" I corrected, a longing sigh escaping my lips.

"You love him, don't you?" He asked, leaning a bit closer, haunching his arms over his knees.
"I do, but it's just after I lost him I finally realised..."

"How long have you known?" He asked, his gaze looping downwards.
"Known what?" I asked.

"That you're gay?" He asked. I paused, not expecting to have this talk. I looked at my hands, messing a bit with them. Was Ukraine about to come out? He doubted it, after all, Ukraine was known to just be quite a nosy brother. That surely must be why, right?

"Why do you ask..? Are you....?.." I asked in return, my gut feeling growing stronger the longer we sat in silence. Then it hit me, he was coming out.

"You're gay? Ukraine, that's great!" I quickly said, not wanting him to think of it as a bad thing. "I..I know, but.. what if the others or my friends won't accept me?" He asked.

"I'm sure they will. They accepted me, straight or gay, they didn't care. I'm sure they'll do the same for you" I smiled warmheartedly. Was this why he was upset by chance? Fear of rejection?

"The thing is.. I'm not exactly gay the same way as you..."

I blinked, a bit confused. "What do you mean? Are you bisexual? Cause that's cool too dude" I added.

"I'm Non-binary" He stated, followed by the a few sobs.

"Ukraine, nono, it's fine. Look at me" I grabbed both of his hands, pulling his body closer to have him face me. "I'm glad you told me, and I fully accept and support you, bud" I smiled at them.

"Thank you" They choked out, as they crashed in for a warm embrace.

[]—[]—[]

Thank you for reading this chapter, despite it taking some months.
I've been busy with Lego Monkie Kid, so pardon me that(even tho I still am busy with it)
So slow updates will probably still remain as it is.
Hope you enjoyed this poorly written angst/comfort chapter though! :)

Wonder what those Texts are about😟🍜

Word count: 1146