Burning touches

How long has it been? Days? Weeks? Hell do I know, it could've been months!

It had been three days since I last spoke with Germany. Heck, the last time we spoke was during our argument.

What I did was wrong, I see that. I just won't apologise, I just simply can't, not after the way I treated him. I hate feeling like this, I hate being miserable.

I hate feelings, they're too complicated and no matter what, it'll only hurt the longer you hold on. So why am I still holding on?

It's actually quite simple you see, it's because I love him.
I love America, even if he's not here anymore, even though he technically never were.. He'll always have a place of the remains of my heart.

I looked around the oh so familiar room, my feet's dragging me up from my chair.

I feel alone. I still have my siblings, but I don't want them to see me like this. I'm supposed to be their role model, their big brother. If I can't even take care of myself, how am I supposed to take care of them? They don't deserve this burden I'll cause them.

Maybe I'll go for a walk. A walk has never hurt anyone I know for a couple month's.
-

I looked up at the cloudy sky, still grey from the rain that has been cast over the town for the couple days. It was a bit steamy outside due to the rain making everything soggy and wet.

I kept myself on the path, not wanting to go into the wet grass and slip, or get a boot stuck in the mud.

The fresh air did make me feel a bit better, even if it was a bit heavy due to the steam.

I traced my eyes on the nature around me. Nature really is something for itself.

My eyes widened as I saw a country standing in the middle of a wet field, no jacket, just a simple grey hoodie.

'Were they there before?'

I squinted my eyes, trying to see if I knew the country.

They had milky white skin, white hair tied down in a messy curly ish ponytail. "Hello..?" I called out. No response. They didn't even flinch.

I turned my attention to the grass before sighing "fuck it" I stepped out onto the field, taking careful steps towards the country. "You good?" I asked, a bit concerned for their hearing abilities.

As I got closer I could make out more details. They had blue stripes in their hair, not much, but there was a good amount. I also noticed some rip's in their black jeans. What questioned me the most was their choice of shoes. Sneakers. Who wears sneakers in the middle of a soggy wet field?

"Excuse me..? Hello..?" I called out again, a bit more annoyed. Couldn't help it, my temper hasn't been the best recently.

"Anybody there..?" I heard the country call out in a gentle voice. I stopped my tracks, as they turned around.

"America?"

I couldn't believe my own eyes. America was standing right infront of me.

"Russia... Is that you..?" He asked, our eyes meeting one another.

Those beautiful blue crystal clear eyes, glinting more than any freshly dusted snow on the surface on a Christmas morning. Those beautiful blue crystal clear eyes that I've only dreamt off ever since they left.

"Is this real..?" I asked, taking a step closer. I reached out for the country's cheek, gently cupping the other's cheek. America didn't flinch, he instead leaned into the touch.

The touch.

The touch, it burned through his entire palm and up to his heart, warming his cold body up.

It's just like coming home from a cold walk outdoors, only to sit at the fireplace with a hot chocolate in your hands, with your siblings tagging along asking about one another's days, but better.

I felt another burn at my other wrist. America had gently wrapped his milky white fingers around my wrist, lifting it up to his jawline.

It felt like a dream, except it wasn't.

The empty feeling within me vanished, the empty void suddenly felt whole as we both leaned in.

Our lips collided, breaking the gap between us. Only to be pulled apart, to get air before pulling one another even closer. The feeling of his soft lips gliding against mine, as we both only pressed closer to each other.

I moved the hand cupping his cheek, down to his waist, flushing out hips together. I craned his neck to deepen the kiss, causing the smaller to let out a soft sound.

I pulled away, stunned to say the least. I stared at the adorable mess infront of me that I've had missed so bad.

"I missed you" I smiled, I couldn't help but feel a few tears of happiness prick at the corner of my eyes. "What took you so long?" I smiled, happy that we're at last reunited.

"Doesn't matter, what matters is that we're together!" America cried out, jumping into my arms.

I pulled him up, causing him to wrap his legs around my stomach. Wrapping my arms around his waist to hold him up, as I happily held him in my embrace.

I stared into his beautiful eyes, seeing the reflection of my own happiness within.
"Forever?" I asked, causing the other to giggle, letting out a small "Silly"

"Forever!" America stated firmly, very confident with his words. "Promise?" I asked, my smile growing at the look the smaller country gave me. "I promise!" He stated, leaning up to reconnect our lips once again.

When I pulled away I found myself standing alone in the middle of a wet field. Every part of my skin touched by the American still burning, as if it actually happened.
.
.
.
Except it didn't.
[]—[]—[]

Thanks for reading this chapter!
I haven't updated this in so long, so I hope some of ya are still here till this fine day.

Also I want to thank you all for the lovely comments, votes and followers! It means the world. Reading your hilarious comments also really brightens up my day. Thank you all for sticking along, really.

Have a good day/night!<3

— Sincerely Dew
Vote goal: 397/400