A painful confession

I've been stressing out a lot lately, but there's not much I can do about it.

Sure, I could stop overworking myself, but then I might not find the result even if there's a chance I won't find it at all.

I sighed as I kept skipping through the chapters to see if I've missed any useful information.

"This is for no hope" I groaned shoving my elbows against the desk, and burying my head in my hands, dragging them through my hair causing my ushanka to fall off.

I glanced around my room, it was plain. It felt more empty than ever.

It's probably just the nagging feeling of losing him, after all... he is one of my only friends.

I tore my eyes off of my room and down to the book. I couldn't help but glare at it.

I'm mad that it doesn't have the answers I want, and I'm mad it doesn't have the answers I need.

I'm mad I might lose my friend, and I'm mad that it's America I might lose.

I'm mad I have to go through this, and I'm mad that America has to go through this and if not even more.

I shoved the book into my extra bag pack, that way it'll be easier to return them after I've gone through them all.

This may look like the very end, but I am not giving up just yet.

"Russia.. You should rest" I heard the smallers voice speak up. "I appreciate you caring for me, but sleep is a waste of time, when I could've used it on finding a way" I turned to him.

"Russia... It's fine..." He gave me a half lidded smile.

"No it's not-" "I've already decided" He cut me off. "You can't just decide without my consent!" I argued. He can't really mean this, after all I've done for him? Is he being serious right now?

"You have to be joking.." I muttered towards him. "I'm not.."

Silence. Oh so loud silence filled the room.
You could drop a needle onto the floor, and just maybe, it could be heard miles away from the drop.

He stared at me with a dull and tired look in his eyes. "We'll see each other on the other side anyways..." He gave me a pained smile.

"I don't care. I don't want to see you on the other side, I want to see you here" I mumbled, folding my hands into fists.

"We can't always get what we want..."

He sighed. "From the bright side.. You don't have to worry about making a fool of yourself, getting expelled or any blood moon" He tried to lift the mood, I can tell, it ain't working tho.

"I'd go through that a millions of times if you just stayed by my side" I glared.

"What if we don't need a cure, or make you find peace. You can just stay a ghost forever"

"That won't work. Kiwi won't feel better till any results has been found, and when you die and Kiwi... I'll be stuck here alone.... And I can't decide to put myself to rest if Kiwi's dead" He sniffled.