Wake up

A week. It had been a week since America moved on, yet it felt like years ago. Whenever I look at the sun, I only remember the faint sound of your laughter.

Whenever I look at the pigeons at the park, I think of what we used to have, just the two of us.

Whenever I go to class, I keep on waiting for anything unpredictable to happen... But everything is just too normal and too boring.

It's just now that you're gone that I realise how much you've impacted on my life. Everything is like how it used to be, except it's all grey.

America. America, you were the reason I was happy.

If you asked me a month ago, I would do anything to live just like everybody else. Now I regret my wishes, after all... There's a chance they might come true, and backfire.

I stared at the raindrops that fell from the sky, hitting the pavement, leaving a trail of water puddles scattered around.

Kiwi had seemed more distant too, so it wasn't just me. Did he feel regret..? He must've.. Imagine being forced to live with such a big amount of guilt, weighting over your shoulders.

Was I mad at Kiwi though? Not more than before. After all, I might not would've known the American boy, if it weren't for him.

The only thing that keeps me going, is the fact that America is at peace.

I should be happy for the boy, then.. Why am I this upset..?

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the school bus chauffeur called out. How long had it been there? Doesn't matter anyway.

I stepped into the bus, handing him a bus ticket which he nodded to. I headed over to the right side of the middle. Usually all the students would flock for the front or the back, which lead the middle to be more peaceful, even tho I was one of the few people on the bus.

I leaned my elbow against the window, resting my chin on my palm, as I stared at my reflection.

I didn't look my best. I had quite visible eye bags, not to mention my messy hair and blue expression.

My vision focused on the raindrops hitting the window, watching two droplets having a race.

I frowned. One of the droplets would be left behind in the cold, meanwhile the one who passes on will be forgotten along with the other winners.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I had so many things I wish I would've told him when I had the time, but I was just young and naive. I was just living back then, but now when reality hit.. It was too late.

People always say 'Hello' but when it really matters, they never say 'Goodbye'

[]

I walked through the hallway, searching for my locker.

People were giving me stares, not because of the usual, but because I've skipped school for an entire week, with no word being said about it.

Once I spotted my locker, I turned around glaring at everyone, making them mind their own business. I turned back to face my locker, as I opened it. I grabbed my notebooks and papers for chemistry, as I gently shut my locker closed.

I glared at the locker. I've been too used to America jump scaring me, or messing around in my locker to bother me, that I didn't even realise it was the normal way for me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder "You good? You seem a little off. And I'm not just saying that because everyone's staring at you, and talking about you behind your back-" I cut him off, by removing his hand from my shoulder.

I frowned at the sight, not really in the mood for his company, or anyone's for the matter. "What do you want Germany..?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Can't a guy not just want to make sure their friend is okay..?" He asked, with a worried expression.

"What happened..? Nee Zealand told me to ask you if I wanted to know, which makes sense because he scares me" Germany admitted.

"Look, can't we talk about this somewhere else?" I asked, not in the mood for everybody to know about my private life. Germany nodded.

I checked the time. I have about twenty minutes before class begins, that should do it.

I grabbed him by the wrist, and dragged him outdoors behind the school, near the toolshed.
"Whatever we'll be talking about remains between the two of us, okay?"

Germany agreed.

Germany had always been the type to respect other people and their boundaries, and he puts them in front of himself. That's what I've picked up on him so far.

"Actually, you don't need to talk. I already know what i is" Germany's gaze softened. "It's the ghost.." He whispered.

"What?" I raised a brow. Yes obviously it was about America. "Yes, don't you see it? This school is haunted. I knew something was up. I have an idea. We could do some spiritual and see what the ghosts wants from us-" "No" I cut Germany off from his rambling.

"What do you mean no..?" He asked confused, drawing a hand through his silky smooth hair. "I don't know what you're talking about" I stated.

"But you were there-" "What are you talking about? I'm not a part of your little fantasy play. There's no such things as ghosts" I rested my eyes half lidded, having a impatient frown on my face.

"What do you mean 'There's no such things as ghosts'" His eyes widened. "You were there!" "You must've mistaken me for another" I replied bluntly.

He just stared at me in disbelief. "Wake up Germany. This is reality after all.. " I took a step closer, looking directly into his eyes.

"It won't be easy for you to make real friends if you keep on living in that fantasy of yours" I bumped my shoulder into his, passing him by.

I left him back at the shed. Great, I might be late for class because of him.

Maybe it all was in my head, maybe this is all a bad dream... Yet, I still wake up every morning in this reality.

[]—[]—[]

Thanks for reading this chapter.

Also congrats to those who understood the message and meaning behind the words Russia told Germany :D

Also thank you all so much for 200 subs on youtube, and 500 Followers on Instagram. I appreciate it a ton<3!

Also remember you're reading this at own risk. Since I'm afraid I do not want to spoil what will happen as I make the story. I changed the story for mature, since I want to warn some sensitive souls out there :)
And I know some can't handle some of this that already has happened (death and such) even if it wasn't detailed. I just want to make sure my readers know what they can handle<3 Love you all

— Sincerely Dew
Vote goal: 330/400