Chapter 13: End of the Thunder Brothers

"Enough delay! Time to meet your own unfortunate demise!" Hiten throws his arms back with the spear readied in his grip. He lurches forward for Inuyasha, thunder rumbling all around us as his spear contacts the ground below. Inuyasha leaps out of the way, turning just enough to block another incoming attack from Hiten's spear. "Enjoy your last moments of life!" The lightning demon continues to pest.

"Hiten! Give him a sendoff that is unrivaled! I'll lend my assistance!" Manten opens his largemouth as he speaks, a golden light sparks from all sides of his lips, the sound of electricity itches at my ears.

"That's cheating." I exclaim, earning a slight glance from him, but it doesn't stop his starting attack. I get to my feet, my legs wobbling unsteadily under me from this oddly shaped grey cloud, but I ignore this. If I fall, I fall but I can't let this duo take out Inuyasha just because they can't play fair. I kick at Manten's back and he rolls on forward off the cloud. He lands stomach first on the ground below, a cloud of dark dust rises around his shape.

The cloud shivers and shakes below my feet, a popping noise follows and suddenly I am midair, with nothing beneath my weight. "Shit," I hiss as I plummet towards the ground. Preparing for impact, I close my eyes tight and hold my breath to keep from screaming. A ball of lead rolls in my stomach as wind catches my every angle.

"Keara!" Inuyasha yells from beyond.

"A true warrior never puts a woman before a battle!" Hiten replies.

My ass lands first on something soft and rubbery, my body bounces off and officially land on the dirt ground below. The only pain I feel is in my lower back, but it isn't terrible. Behind me, Manten groans. He must have broken my fall. Turning slightly towards him, I see his tiny irises glance at me, and a growl roll from his throat.

"You little wench," Manten growls out. Standing up, he towers over me with his dark, large shadow. His eyes slant with rage and his posture shouts that he's about to lunge for me. A flash of orange and blue catches in my peripherals from behind him, whatever it was, was fast and heading in Manten's direction. Unexpectedly, upon the top of the demon's ground head a toy top spins. The little green top goes faster and faster, appearing larger the swifter it goes until it takes over the majority of the demon's balding scalp. The weight of the now gigantic toy top forces the demon to fall forward between my legs, neck first.

"Get away while you can, Keara!" Shippo yells from the embankment above.

I scamper to my feet, which leads me up a raised slope edge near Shippo. My fingers dig at the wall when my feet can't get any further and climb to the top, pulling me over the wall of dirt. Myoga and Shippo stare up at me as I approach; Myoga stands on Shippo's shoulder, eyes wide and buggy per usual. "It's far too early for celebration. Shippo's fox magic is all about illusion!" The flea informs. Nervous sweat drips down the balding of his head, he's trembling in fear much like Shippo.

I squint back down at Manten. Upon his head, the toy top shrinks right before our eyes. Once back to its original size, it tumbles off the demon's head along with the only hairs that were atop of his head. The little thin strands pass by his enormous eyes, and he helplessly watches as they land on the dirt ground like feathers. He feels along his head, fingers catching nothing but fatty skin. Absolute dread takes over his face, tears well up in his eyes.

"My beautiful hair! It's all gone!" He wails, much like a baby losing its mother. He throws his head back towards the sky and yowls so loud that a burst of golden light streams from his mouth and up into the black clouds above. Thunder rumbles the ground like an earthquake. Shippo and I drop to the ground, pathetically crawling away from the now overwhelmingly powerful demon. Heat touches the back of my neck and sparks of lightning twist by us at every angle, barely missing us but still fringing our clothes and hair. The blast is out of control with his emotions and we're caught in it.