Chapter 21: Whatever that reason is

"I'll shoot your fucking left arm off next!"

My left arm remains steady with the purplish flames engulfing my hand completely. This isn't like some sort of arrow, where aiming is a little easier. This has a wide girth that can easily hit or lose a spot. And honestly, I do not know if I am aiming at his left arm because in reality I have no control over this power what-so-ever—but he doesn't know that. Closing one eye, I try to focus on the tiny shard that is lodged in the middle of his bicep, probably where the new hand meets his old arm. When no one seems to move, to want to move or do anything, I release the grip on my power behind my hand, and it discharges the purple beam like a gun, blasting it toward Sesshomaru.

In flashes of white, he dodges the attack, and before I know it; the flashes of white are heading straight for me. Stumbling back, I bring both arms to my chest to protect myself, but just as the white is about to get me, Inuyasha comes in and averts the attack with three blades of blood.

"Leave her alone! I'm the one you want!" He shouts, his three blades target Sesshomaru in a way that earns his attention. The full demon is cut on the right cheek, but it is hardly anything that can cause any serious harm. He misses all the other blades and jumps out of reach once again. Inuyasha lands in front of me, his hands at his sides and ready to block me if need be.

"Most amusing, you seem so anxious for her safety." Sesshomaru almost chuckles with a small grin on his angular face.

"There is a shard embedded in his left arm, in the middle of his bicep. We need to get it."

"Sesshomaru has never been the kind of opponent that's easy to strike down. You need to stay back and care for Miroku." Inuyasha looks over his shoulder at me with a look of seriousness I have never seen before.

"But I don't have the remedy here!" I don't. No insect remedy was packed away for us, but then again, who would have expected this sort of attack. There is nothing I can do for Miroku but to ask him to keep strong until I can get Inuyasha back into the present time to receive a remedy. Sighing, I turn for Miroku but stop when Inuyasha calls my name.

"Keara," he starts, "thanks for your help. Your powers were able to reverse the Tetsusaiga's transformation. Now I am able to defeat him."

Pausing completely, I twist back for him and smile encouragingly. "You got this."

He nods in response with the smallest uplift of the left corner of his lips. I head back for Miroku who just back fisted Jaken in the back of the head. The monk looks ferociously angry despite the pain he is in, that he is even growling through his teeth.

"Methinks your earlier expression was more pleasing to the eye and less menacing to the head!" Jaken cries out, rubbing the back of his head where he was hit.

"Where did you get those poisonous insects?!" Miroku snatches him by the front of his shirt and pulls him in close as he glowers into Jaken's eyes.

"They were given to us by a demon named Naraku, I did not see his face, for he wore the mask of a baboon to conceal himself!" Jaken gives in.

"Naraku!" Miroku yells, with a slight surprise in his dark blue eyes.

"It must be the same demon you are pursuing!" Shippo says.

"Where can I find him?" Miroku persists.

"I know not where he is, and even if you were to find him, it would do you no good! It is too late for you, for the poison has taken hold and will soon claim your life." Jaken half chuckles.