31) Forgive?

A/N: Wanted to try out a different POV. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Sofia immediately dropped her jaw while she met with those familiar eyes. She didn't expect her being here.

"Sophia"

"Gal"

The two were staring at each other until Gal spoke up

"H-How are you?" The accent was still there

"I'm good actually, you?"

Gal was surprised on how mature her voice became. It sounds so professional than she last remembered.

"I'm great actually, what brings you here?" The taller woman observed the girl. She grew out her hair and got some brown highlights. She grew a little taller but not that tall.

"I was here for an interview today" She spoke

"Oh really. That's great" Gal was proud. She knew Sophia wanted to work here.

The tension was so awkward that it got silent again.

"Can we grab some coffee?" Gal asked. Sophia didn't want to go. She was still mad at Gal. She felt betrayed along with her father. She just wants to move on.

Sophia swallowed the thick lump forming in her throat

"I-"

"Excuse me, are you Sophia Smith?"

Gal and Sophia turned their heads at this blonde woman standing next to Sophia.

"Um that would be me, yes" Sophia said and the blonde woman smiled

"My name is Dr. Cate Blanchett. I was the one interviewing you today."

Sophia thought about it until she remembered her face.

"Oh right hello Doctor" Sophia smiled

"Hello dear May I have a word with you?" Cate gently spoke. Sophia nodded and then turned to Gal who looked annoyed.

Sophia felt bad, and she hated that she felt bad.

Sophia followed Cate.

Gal was just happy that she finally met with her favorite person again after years of searching

Meanwhile Sophia didn't know what was happening. She was just following this woman into some sort of office.

"Take a seat dear don't be shy" Cate smiled and watched the girl sitting down.

"Am I in trouble?" Sophia said and Cate laughed

"No dear. Actually I noticed you today during the interview and must I say, you are very impressive. A 22 year old woman and is very passionate about this." Cate smiled making the girl blush

"Wow thank you"

"So you caught my attention. I have a group of students that are already here to observe by work. Would you like to join?" Cate said

"Oh my! Really?!" Sophia smiled and Cate nodded

"Of course I would love too! Thank you Doctor!" Sophia smiled brightly. "Great. I need you fill out these papers for me and then you'll be in" Cate gave her a stack of papers.

"Thank you again" Sophia said one last time then left. Cate smiled at the girl. She knew this girl was different that caught her attention.

Gal was waiting in her car tapping on the wheel when she finally saw that family face. She drove to her and stopped next to her.

She rolled the windows down and met with Sophia eyes.

"Get in. I'll drive you home" Gal offered

"It's okay I'll order an Uber" Sophia pulled out her phone

"Please I insist" Gal said. Sophia stood there thinking. She wants to drive with Gal but it's so awkward and she still hates her because after all she broke her heart.

A car beeping noise scared Sophia. She looked to her right and saw a car waiting.

"Hurry up! I have somewhere to be!" A man screamed.

Sophia quickly went to the backseat but saw a bunch of textbooks and papers filling up there. She sighs and walked to the passenger seat and got inside.

Gal smirked and start driving away

"Where you live?" Gal asked. Sophia remained silent. "I can't drop you off not knowing where you live" Gal said

"Turn left" Sophia mumbled and Gal followed her directions.

Soon they met with her apartment

"Thanks" Sophia unlocked the door to get out but a hand grabbed her wrist making her stop.

She then heard sniffles and felt something wet

"Forgive me"

"I'm so sorry but please let me explain" Sophia turned around and saw Gal crying. Sophia heart broke by the sight. She hated seeing Gal cry.

Sophia sighs

"Come inside and I'll let you explain"