009. The Room.

AND SO, they went ahead with the plan that evening, when it was past closing time and they were doing the last delivery for the day. The four were up on the roof, Robin raising the radio. "Erica, do you copy?" She asked.

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?" The ten year old replied with. "Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light." Robin tells her. "Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment." The girl replied with as Valerie rolls her eyes, glancing at Robin.

"Can we maybe not call it that?" Robin says. "See you on the other side. Nerds." Erica says as Valerie sighs, looking at Robin who looks at her with an equally worried look.

The whole time while waiting, Valerie is playing with the hem of her jacket when the radio goes off, "alright, nerds. I'm there." Erica says and Valerie leans closer to Robin in anticipation. "Do you-- Do you see anything?" The blonde girl asked and Erica replies not long after.

"Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited ahout." She says. "Any guards?" Robin then asked. "Negative." Erica replies. "Booby traps?" Robin muses and the ten year old responds almost immediately, "if I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?"

Valerie giggles softly as Robin replies after, "thank you for that." She glances at Valerie who instantly stops, her eyes widening a bit and Robin smiles, glancing away. "I'm in." At that, Steve sighed and put his hands over his face, "oh, God." He says and Valerie reached over, patting his back gently with a chuckle.

The doors open and the girl walks out, they watch her with impressed faces. "Free ice cream for life." She clarifies and Valerie looks at Steve, raising her brows when the older looks over at her as well before they all got up.

The next step in their plan was to look through the boxes and see if they will find anything interesting in any of them. Steve was the one to open the box, cutting it open and handing over his pocket knife to Valerie who quickly closes it and puts it into her purse.

He opens the box to another box inside, this one is metal and has a handle at the top which Steve grabs before twisting it to open it. Inside that box, there's four more handles. "That's definitely not Chinese food." Steve says with a slightly confused face as he sets down the lid from the box before he glanced up.

"Uh, maybe you guys could, you know, stand back." He gestured to Dustin, Robin, Valerie and Erica. Valerie looks to Erica, helping her down as she, Robin and the ten year old girl back away. "No." Dustin refused however.

"Just step back, okay?" Steve says, pushing him away gently but Dustin shakes his head. "No." He says and Steve looks at him. "Step back. Seriously." He says and Dustin continues to refuse. "No! No!" He shouts the second time louder as Steve looks at him.

"If you die, I die." Dustin says and it goes quiet for a bit. Steve looks away, brushing it off, "okay." He thinks nothing of it before taking out a cylinder container filled with bright green liquid. Valerie grimaced, "what the hell?" Steve says. "What is that?" Robin asked.

The room shakes slightly, "was that just me, or did the room move?" Dustin then asked as Valerie looks down at Erica who spoke, "booby traps," in a hushed whisper. Just then, it happens again and Valerie huffed. "L-Let's just grab that and go." She walked over and grabbed the bottle from Steve, then walked over to Robin opening Erica's backpack.

She puts the container in there then Robin zips it up as Steve closes the box and Dustin tries to open the door. "Which one do I press, Erica?" Dustin asked and Erica leans forward. "Just press the damn button, nerd." She says when Dustin looks back at her. "Which one? I'm pressing the button, okay?" He says back.

"Press open door!"

"I'm pressing open door!"

Robin puts her hands over her head and Valerie reached out, putting a hand to her back. "Just press open door!" Erica shouts and Steve walks over to the panel of buttons, standing next to Dustin. "Guys, please just get out of the way and let Erica--" Valerie stops to groan when Steve and Dustin start bickering and pressing random buttons. "Just open the door!" Robin shouts and just then, a red wall slides down right over the side of the room with the doors.

The group watch it in shock and then the room shakes again before it started going down, at an extremely fast pace. Valerie grabs onto Erica, pulling her with her and Robin to one side of the room as all of them started yelling.

They all just kept screaming as Valerie held onto Erica even tighter. "Shit! Shit!" Dustin screams before going over to the buttons again. "We're going down! We're going down!" Steve shouted. "Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin yells from beside Valerie. "Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin yells and Erica runs over, slipping out of Valerie's grip. "Hey, Erica, come back he--" Valerie cuts herself off when she felt Robin grab her hand.

"Press the button!" Erica says and Dustin looks at her. "What do you think I'm doing?!" The curly haired boy screams in her face. "Come on, press something! Just press the button!" After their shouting, the room stopped and Valerie fell ontop of Robin's lap. "Ah," Robin winced then she looked at Valerie on her lap.

"Are you okay?" She says quietly and Valerie's face turned red and then she quickly nodded. "Y-Yeah, are you? I'm sorry I fell on top of you..." She stood up, helping Robin up as she couldn't hear the others, especially Steve complaining about a box that fell on him.

"It's fine... at least I broke your fall..." Robin chuckles awkwardly and Valerie smiles at her before she looked over at the others. "Are you guys okay?" She then asked them. "Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve shouted suddenly, going over to the buttons and pushing Dustin out of the way as he did so making Val sigh.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Robin says, walking to the middle of the room. "They're buttons. They have to do something." Steve says before turning back to the buttons as Robin gestures. "Yeah, if we had a keycard." She pointed out to him. "A what?" Steve turns towards them.

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate meaning--" "we're stuck in here." Dustin finishes the sentence for Robin. "Yeah." Robin says as Steve closes the panel of buttons.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm suppose to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you three are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one and slit your throat." Erica says and Steve snapped.

"I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve then yells at her and Valerie pats his arm. "Steven, stop being mean to kids..." She whispers.

"Hey, what if we climbed out?" Their eyes then follow where Dustin is pointing, at a hatch at the top of the room. They set up the way to climb to the top, Dustin and Steve going up along with Valerie right behind them. "What were you saying about climbing?" Steve says. It was a really long way back up.

AUTHORS NOTE

valerie and robin supremacy 🧎🏻‍♀️

+ my updating schedule will now be
today: this fic, tomorrow: fear street fic, the day after tomorrow: this fic, back and forth kind of thing so i don't neglect either books.