002. I Love You Too.

AS SHE walks out of the gym, Val felt a hand on her wrist so she turned to see Robin standing there. "Hey. Are you okay? I--I saw how you reacted when that asshole brought up all those people." She walks side by side with Valerie now out of the gymnasium as thenother students brush past them to get to their classes. "Who cares, right? People always talk about it..." The Smith girl says, glancing away.

"Yeah, but... I just wanted to make sure you weren't upset or anything..." The Buckley girl says and Val quickly came to a stop, turning to her girlfriend. "Do you wanna ditch second period with me?" She asked and despite caring about grades and school, (kind of), Robin quickly agreed, nodding with a smile.

The two girls ended up in one of the old science classes barely being used as there was a new one, Val sitting on the counter with Robin standing between her thighs, kissing and pulling each other close. Robin pulls back, "you sure you're okay?" She whispers as Val's hands are on either sides of her face.

"Yes... just kiss me." The curly haired girl whispered back and pulled Robin in again, deepening their kiss as the Buckley put her hands on the Smith's thighs. Val's cheeks heat up when Robin gripped her legs and pulled her closer, so she brings them around her girlfriend's waist, tugging her closer and closer. Val's hands go from Robin's face to down to the back of her neck as Robin's hands trail up to her hips, over her cheer squad skirt, of course.

Robin firmly pushed Val closer and deepened their kiss as her hands go to her girlfriend's lower back. Val hums softly against her lips before pulling back quickly, "are you sure you don't wanna come over tonight?" She asked, staring into Robin's blue eyes with those soft doey eyes again. "Tonight?" Robin said softly in a daze, glancing down at Valerie's kiss swollen lips. "I--I really shouldn't, we have work tomorrow." The short haired girl whispers.

"Work is your priority right now?" Val asked as she sat up so she was directly in front of Robin's face. "N--No, not exactly, no, I just think if we both hung out tonight after the game and we got so wrapped up and busy with each other, we'd sleep late and wake up late and Steve would kill us both." Robin rambled and she had a point as Val wraps her arms around Robin's neck. "Then... we just make out, watch a movie then sleep. Right?" She says.

"Fine." Robin ultimately gave in and leaned in, giving her girlfriend one more peck which turned into a kiss, then they ended up making out again for the next ten minutes before Robin pulls back and goes down to Val's neck, kissing gently as the curly haired girl pushed her head back. "Rob, you're killing me." She chuckled softly and Robin pulls back, cupping her face.

"You're killing me." She says and Val giggled as she leaned in again, pecking Robin again and the same thing happens again where their pecks turn into a make out session. "Robin... I want you." Val mumbled quietly against her lips and Robin pulled back abruptly, raising her brows. "Is that why you want me to stay over so badly tonight?" She asked curiously.

"Sort of...?" Valerie says quietly and Robin just scrunched up her face in thought, "sue me." She says and Robin chuckled, leaning in once more to kiss her gently on the lips. "Okay, yeah... fine, tonight." She confirms, smirking and Valerie throws her arms around her, putting her head to Robin's shoulder, her face towards her girlfriend's neck. "Rob?" She whispers.

"Yeah, Val?" Robin is rubbing circles into her back and Valerie sighed softly. "I love you..." She said and Robin's eyes widen. "What? Um, what, can you repeat that?" She says and Valerie pulls back from her hold, looking into her girl's blue eyes. "I... love you." She says and Robin's gaze softens, smiling.

"I--I love you too..." She says and leaned in, kissing Valerie firmly on the lips once more. Robin repeated it again and again during their kiss, which just made Val giggle and say it back the whole time. Later on at lunchtime, Valerie had a wide smile on her face the whole time despite the conversation Riley and Chrissy were having, which was about the mall fire on the Fourth of July the year prior.

Valerie was too much of in a love sick daze to care or even say anything, staring at her food with a small smile. "I actually have to go see Ms. Kelley, I'll see you girls later?" Chrissy said as she got up and Val glanced up at that. "Oh, yeah, later." She waved and the blonde walked off, her ponytail swaying with her fast paced steps. She wasn't going to Ms. Kelley, Valerie noticed almost instantly. It appears that she was going to the bathroom. "What's making you so happy and cheerful? Usually you hate when Jason makes a long, annoying speech." Riley said and bumped her shoulder into Val's.

Valerie glanced across the cafeteria room, seeing her girlfriend sitting with the other band kids and laughing with them. "Nothing... it's nothing." Val says quickly but before she averted her gaze, it was too late and Riley was already spotting Robin across the room.

"Sure... nothing." Riley says and chuckled. "Just the same as nothing's going on with her and that other band nerd." She said as she brings up a spoonful of yogurt making Val glance at her right away. "What?" She says and Riley chuckled. "Yeah, I see them flirt like all the time. It's like, get together already, cowards." She said and Val furrows her brows at Riley.

It's not like the blonde knew of her and Robin, maybe she suspected a crush Val has on Robin, so why was she saying all of this? Unless a little part of it might actually be true. "As long as you're into band! Or science! Or parties!" A voice bellows through the cafeteria room so Val glanced over her shoulder to see none other than Eddie Munson standing on top of his friends' table, "or a game where you toss balls into a laundry basket!" He cups his hands over his mouth as Riley rolls her eyes.

"You want something, freak?"

Eddie just stuck out her tongue and held his fingers over his forehead to symbolize horns so Val sighs and turned around. "Can't wait to graduate." She whispers and Riley chuckles. "Right? God, I hate people like Jason Carver and Eddie Munson." Riley whispers and Val just glanced over at her.

"Eddie isn't half bad, his outbursts are just pent up frustration and anger. Dude failed Senior year two years in a row... I'd always be pissed too." She says and Riley just shrugs before getting up. "Gonna go look for Mandy, later V." She says and Valerie sets her chin onto her hand. "Later Riles." She said as the girl walks away, smiling at the use of her old nickname.

On her way to class, Valerie spots Chrissy walking her way, "hey, is everything okay?" She asked worriedly at the sight of Chrissy's forlorn look and clutching her arms to herself. The girl glanced up quickly and nodded her head. "Can you come with me to do something? I don't wanna go alone..." She tells her and Valerie stared in confusion. "To do what, exactly?" She asked and Chrissy glanced around. "I can trust you, right?" She asked and Val quickly nodded. "So trust me..." The Cunningham says and Val just nods, smiling faintly.

"Val! Valerie! Hey!" The girl glanced behind her to see Dustin running over to her. "So, you know how you're my favourite friend I have?" He's smiling and Val squints her eyes, crossing her arms. This means Dustin is about to ask a favour from her, hence why he's using flattery. "Uh, depends on what you want." She said and he sighs, glancing at Chrissy.

He smiles faintly before looking at Val again. "So, big favour... can you sub for Hellfire tonight? Lucas has that balls in laundry baskets game and we need to find a sub and you were my first choice!" Dustin pointed at her. "You called Steve first, didn't you?" She asked as his head hung down a bit. "I called Steve first." He confirms and she just chuckled. "Look, Dust, I'd love to. But I'm a cheer co-captain, so I kinda have to be at the balls in laundry baskets game too..." She explains and he sighs. "Okay. I understand..." He says and she pats his arm.

"See you later, Dust." She waved and he waves as he walked off. "Bye, Val." He says as Valerie turns back to Chrissy again. "So, that thing I need to do?" She said and Valerie nods quickly. "Yeah, sure thing, let's go..."

authors note chrissy deserved better... anyways, i really missed writing for this fic, like a lot, i'm mostly putting my focus on this fic, dirty harry and as it was bc i can't handle rewatching the mileven scenes rn 🧍🏻 lmao