014. US Cavalry.

THE TWO best friends now just lay there, Valerie is quiet and staring at the floor so Steve grows concern, turning his head. "Val? Hey, Val, are you okay? Please don't cry again..." He says and Valerie just sighed softly. "I'm not." She whispers, resting her head.

"I just... don't wanna die down here, Steve. I feel like I'm not as close to my parents as I use to be, I feel like I'm a shitty friend... And I haven't been able to make a move on Robin, or confess to her, or even see if she feels the same." She sighed and Steve furrowed his brows.

"Shitty friend? Val, you're the bestest friend I've had in... forever." He chuckled softly and looked around the room. "If anything, there's no one else I'd rather die with in a secret Russian base." He joked and she just softly laughed then she stared at the floor. "I'm sorry I'm not the girl you wanted me to be..." She said suddenly and he's confused, looking over to her.

"What?" He says and she deeply sighed. "Like that day... I rejected you. If it was any different, I would be with you, Steve. You're a good guy, but..." She trailed off and he smiles softly. "I'm not Robin. Or a girl." He says and she sighs again, pursing her lips together.

"I guess it's just the way... I am and, uh, I-I-I hate it? Because there's... so much hatred out there and I'm scared I won't find people who accept me the way you do." She suddenly sniffled and took a deep breath in. "I haven't even told my mom or dad because I'm scared of what they'll think..." She says and he leans back.

His head touched hers and he just rested like that for a second, "I'm sure they'll love you anyway. You're their daughter. And if they don't, you always have me. And Dustin. And the other kids. I'll fight whoever thinks of you any differently just for liking the same gender, Val." He says and she sniffled again, smiling.

"I love you, Steve... You're the greatest friend I ever had. I don't say that enough... You're loved, you're a good friend, you're a good babysitter and you're not bullshit." She says and he just smiled, closing his eyes. The door opens then, the Russian soldiers walking in.

"Where were you two going?" He says and Valerie rolls her eyes, looking away as two soldiers lifted them up, setting them back up right. Valerie grimaced when she realized the soldiers' hand was on her hip.

The man leans down to Steve's level, "try telling the truth this time, yes?" He says, nodding softly. "It will make your visit with Dr. Zharkov
less painful." He says before chuckling, looking over at this "doctor" they came with. He nods then the man walks over, holding a needle. "Wait a second. Wait. Hold on. Okay! Wait, wait, wait! What is that thing?" Steve exclaimed, the doctor raising it to his face.

"It will help you talk." Dr. Zharkov simply says, smiling before grabbing Steve by his hair. "Did you even clean that thing?!" Steve exclaimed and then screamed as the doctor insert it right under his ear near his jaw and Valerie groans, closing her eyes tightly. The doctor goes over to his things and reloads the medicine again before going over to Valerie who quickly whimpers, shaking her head at him.

"It won't even hurt," the doctor says as Steve glanced over his shoulder. "Don't touch her! Don't you dare--" One of the soldiers hit him as the doctor also grabs Valerie by her hair, tilting her head to the side and injecting the serum into her as well making her grunt.

Once the doctor was done, the men left, along with Dr. Zharkov. Valerie droops her head low, her eyes closed as she focused on steadying her breathing. She hates the situation that they're in, she wished she had found a way out. She thinks about if Robin were here, they would probably out of here by now. At least the thought of Robin helps keep her calm.

After a while of sitting like that, Valerie finally lifts her head and leans it against Steve's, looking around the room. She begins to realized she felt different. Not a good kind of different. Like she wasn't herself. It was a bit weird.

"What do you think that was, Stevie? That they put in us?" She turns her head a bit and she feels him shrug his shoulders gently. "No clue... But honestly, I don't really feel anything. Do you?" He asked and she shook her head. "I-I feel okay." She says and he nods his head.

"I feel fine too. I kinda feel good." He says, turning his head straight and she laughs suddenly. "Me too!" She says and he laughs with her. "Morons. They messed up the drug." He says and she laughs even more. "Morons. Hey, morons!" She shouts, looking over to the door before giggling again. "No, no. There is definitely something wrong with us." Valerie says, turning her head a bit as she laughed.

"Something's wrong."

The door opens again, the men walk in with that blonde woman from earlier. Valerie stared at the blonde woman with a small grin as the man approached Steve who stared up at him. Steve glanced over at the doctor setting down some tools, Valerie also now watching.

"I'm actually scared of doctors." She says as the doctor held up a blade he then carefully set down. "Let's try this again, yes?" The man says, smiling at Steve who nods. "Who do you work for?" The Russian asks the American. "Scoops." Steve says, grinning and Valerie giggled softly at that. "Scoops Ahoy." He laughs with Val. "How did you find us?" He then asked.

"Totally by accident." More laughter erupts from the pair tied together. The soldier says something to the doctor in Russian, the doctor nods, turning to his equipment. Valerie watched with a worried look. "What is that shiny little toy?" Steve asked, watching the doctor ass well.

The doctor approached Val, making the curly haired girl's breath quicken in a panicked manner. "Whoa, whoa, hey, hey! Wait, no! Wait! Wait!" Steve shouted when the doctor had it over Valerie's finger, ready to chop it off. "There was a code! We heard a code!" Steve shouts so the doctor stops his actions, glancing up at the other Russian who looks at Steve.

"Code. What code?" He says and Steve sighs. "The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west, ya-da-ya-da bullshit. You broadcasted that all over town, and we picked it up on our Cerebro, and we cracked it in a day. Just one day!" Steve says, shaking his head as he laughed at the man.

"You think you're so smart, but a couple of kids who scoop ice cream for a living cracked your code in a day, and now, people know you're here." Steve says, tilting his head a bit to ths side. "Who knows we are here?" The Russian soldier asked. "Dustin." Steve smiles and Valerie immediately turns his head.

"Steve," she says in a warning tone. "Yeah, Dustin Henderson, he knows." He repeated and Valerie groans. "Steve!" She exclaimed. "Dustin Henderson. It is your small, curly-haired friend?" The Russian asked Steve. "Oh, curly-haired. Great hair. Small. Kind of like a 'fro. Yeah." Steve smiles and Valerie sighs softly, looking at the doctor who's waiting for orders and still holding the tool over her finger.

"Where is he?"

"He's long gone, you big asshole. And he's probably calling Hopper, and Hopper's calling the US cavalry." Steve then laughs, "they're gonna come in here, commando-style, guns a-blazin', and kick your sorry asses back to Russia. You're gonna be two pieces of toast." He laughed even more as Val laughs with him.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

AUTHORS NOTE

i'm lacking motivation but i'm almost done, just have to write for two more episodes and it'll be the end until season 4 comes out :)