020. It's Over.

SO VALERIE'S whole plan to save the others was to crash right into Billy's car with the Toddfather, which caused both cars to swerve out of the way. Valerie looks at Steve and Robin, "y-you guys okay?" She says and Robin looks at her. "Ask me tomorrow?" She says and Steve sighed, leaning forward and resting his forehead against the back of Valerie's seat.

The sound of the creature snarling caught their attention as they all stood up in the car, looking over the windshield. "Holy shit..." Valerie whispered when she saw it. The big fleshy spider everyone was talking about.

The car honking catches their attention as Jonathan stops, "get in!" Nancy shouts to them and they jump out of the car and run to get in the far back of the Vista Cruiser. "Go, go, go, go!" Steve says as Robin and Valerie sit side by side and he sits across them, closing the back door. They watch through the window as the big fleshy creature chase after them.

The radio in Robin's hand goes off, "Dusty-bun, do you copy?" Valerie immediately looks at Steve when he and Robin look at the supercomm. "I copy, Suzie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks." Steve and Robin look at one another. "Suzie." They say in sync.

"I told you not to doubt the kid." Valerie smiled widely, looking at Steve then at Robin. "Okay, so, listen, do you know Planck's Constant?" Dustin now asked his girlfriend.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?"

Dustin goes on, trying to get the number of Planck's constant from his girlfriend which she is not so insistent on giving since they haven't talked in a week, so she says she'll go back to reading whatever nerdy book she had been reading that he interrupted her from. Until he began singing, "turn around. Look at what you see. In her face." Valerie's big smile begins to fade away from her face.

"The mirror of your dreams." Steve and Robin both have confused looks on their faces as Valerie glanced up, looking at Steve. They could die any second now and instead Dustin is just performing for her in the middle of it?

"Make believe I'm everywhere, given in the light, written on the pages is the answer to a never ending story," they vocalize together and Valerie covers her face with her hands. And now it's a duet... "Reach the stars, fly a fantasy, dream a dream, and what you see will be rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds and there upon a rainbow is the answer to a never-ending story."

Valerie looks up, "am I crazy or do they actually sound pretty good together?" She says and Steve looks at her. "Not the time." He says and she looks away. "Yeah, sorry." She whispered and shook her head, giggling softly.

And finally, it ends.

"Planck's constant is 6.62607004." Suzie finally tells him the numbers. "You just saved the world." Dustin tells her and Valerie smiles faintly. "Gosh, I miss you, Dusty-bun." Suzie says and Valerie turns off the radio then. "Let's... not." She whispers to Robin who just nodded her head in agreement.

Valerie looks up, "hey, hey, hey, it's turning around!" She tells them. "What?" Nancy turns back towards them. "It's turning around!" Steve says. "Maybe we wore it out." Lucas says, looking at Jonathan and Nancy. "I don't think so. Hold on." He then turns the whole car around making Robin and Valerie scream because Steve falls towards them. "Sorry, sorry," he quickly says, getting off.

They rush to get back to the mall and when they were there, the creature was crawling back into the mall through the hole it had made on top of the mall, so they grabbed all of the fireworks on the top of the car before they began running inside, running to the middle.

Once set up inside, Lucas threw the first firework at the creature. "Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" He shouted before throwing another one that Will had light up for him, it goes right into the mouth of the creature.

They keep throwing the fireworks at the monster that was clearly hurt by each one as Valerie helped Steve and Robin, lighting the strings and handing them over to Steve or Robin, both taking turns in tossing them. They keep doing exactly what they're doing, throwing fireworks until Val looked up, "it's the last one..." She tells Steve who gets out of the way. "Then throw it, V..." He says and she got up, lighting the string. She watched it for just a second before she threw it.

Steve grabs the radio, "Dustin! We're out of time!" He shouts into the radio, looking over at Valerie who grabs Robin's arm, stepping closer to her with a worried look on her face. Robin put her arm around Val's waist, "we-we'll be okay." She whispered, nodding softly.

"Rob?" She whispered, looking up at the taller and Robin looks at her. "Yeah?" She says and Valerie goes on her tippy toes, kissing the blonde. She had her hands on either side of Robin's freckled face before she pulls back. "J-Just in case..." She whispered.

"No... don't say that, you'll get to do it again, Val." Robin says and Valerie looks over at the creature, right as it killed Billy, so Val watched in shock, stepping closer to the railing. "Billy!" Max's scream echoed in Valerie's mind, and just then, when it dropped the dead body, the creature began shrieking. "Woah, woah, woah!" Steve grabbed both Robin and Valerie, pulling them back when the creature stumbled around and hit the rail before falling dead.

The three quickly get up and run to the railing, the flesh Mind Flayer was dead. "God..." Valerie whispered, leaning against Steve, sighing softly as Robin puts her hand onto her shoulder. Valerie watched the sight of Max crying over her step-brother's dead body and felt empathy for her, looking up at Steve.

"It's over..." Valerie whispered and Steve puts an arm around her. "Yeah... yeah, it is..." He whispered back and looked at Robin before looking down at Valerie. "Come on," Steve tells her and they all walk over to the others while Valerie is holding onto Robin.

The military had arrived with Dr. Owens and whoever got injured was treated for their wounds outside in ambulances. They weren't injured, but Robin and Valerie sat together in one, all bundled together in one blanket.

"Welcome to our lives..." Valerie chuckled softly, smiling as she looks at Robin who just looks at her, chuckling softly before looking away. "I'm... guessing something similar happened when you babysit the kids with Steve?" She says and Valerie quickly nodded her head.

"Yeah, and uh, hey, thanks... for sticking around. I mean, you were stuck in a secret Russian base with us, fought off some big fleshy spider with us..." She says and Robin looks at her. "I did it for you." She confessed and Valerie chuckled, blushing as she looked away.

"Man... goodbye Scoops, I guess."

AUTHORS NOTE

the news thing after the three months later part was so dramatic. lmao ofc it brought up like satanic stuff or whatever, it wasn't so surprising since it was the 80's