036. The War Zone.

AFTER PLANNING out with Nancy and Val leading the conversation, about how Max, Lucas and Erica going to the Creel home to bait Vecna, Dustin and Eddie finding a way to "distract" the bats while Val, Robin, Steve and Nancy find a way to Vecna's lair and fuck him up with whatever weapons they can find.

Val glances at Nancy, "um... Nance, your two pistols won't suffice. Where do we get weapons?" She asked and Eddie stood up. "I got it, ladies." He says, grinning and Steve glanced up at him. "Weapons? You have weapons?" He asked the older.

"No. But I know where we can get some."

Eddie asks Max rather quickly where their yellow pages were which he now slams down onto the table he got them surrounded at, Dustin, Val and Nancy to the right side of the table, Erica and Lucas on the other side with Robin and Steve standing on either side of him. Max stood off by herself nearby with her arms crossed. "Check this out. The War Zone." He says, glancing up at them.

"I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... well, uh, killing things, basically." He says to the group of eight. "Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that grenade?" Robin pointed then looked at Steve and Valerie over Eddie. "I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so..." Eddie says through a grin then pointed. "This... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks." Eddie explained to them. "If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone." Erica says and Valerie sighs. "Normally, I'd agree, but we need the wepons." Nancy says to her.

"What she said." Val nods to her. "I think it's worth the risk." She adds and Lucas nods. "Me too." He agrees. "Yeah, but is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin says, looking at Val then at Nancy on his other sids. "Who said anything ahout bikes?" Eddie asked the younger boy.

"What? You got some sort of car we don't know about?" Steve asked, glancing off to his best friend at his right, because he knows Val and Eddie took the Munson's van and ditched it off somewhere nearby Reefer Rick's. "It's not exactly a car, Steve." Eddie stood up to his level, smiling as he tilted his head.

Val just grins widely, glancing between them then at Robin who's eyebrows are raised. "And it's not exactly mine," Eddie looks away, his grin fading as he realized they have an audience. "But, uh, it'll do." He smirks a bit, glancing around at them before turning away. "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that?" He asked Max.

During that, Val looks at Steve, smirking a bit and raising her brows at the confused older teen who's brows are furrowed. She contains her giggle as she hits her elbow to his. Max heads off to her room after saying she'll be right back. What she returns with isn't exactly what Eddie expected, glancing at the others before turning around and putting on the mask. "Okay, Michael Myers, what's the plan?" Valerie asked, biting back a grin.

"Just follow me." He brushed past her to the door, and so all of them do. The whole time, Val could not take him seriously as he peered out, looking around before waving them to follow him behind the next trailer. They run behind him, looking around before they finally reach the parked RV, the owners sitting outside and watching some television.

Eddie goes through the window at the back, Steve right behind, then Nancy, followed by the kids before Val finally goes in through next with Robin right behind her. Valerie looks over to the front to see Eddie hotwiring, "oh, great, Munson's driving." She says and Robin grimaced before going over to stand behind Steve. "Uh, Eddie?" She says.

Eddie turns to look at Robin and Val directly beiind Steve. "I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." Robin tells him. "Oh, I'm just staring this sucker. Harrington's got her." Eddie grins at the man behind him. "Don't ya, big boy?" He leaned closer and Val's jaw dropped as Robin's face scrunched up at the two men.

He starts the engine next and Steve looks impressed as Eddie smiled at them, then a woman appears to the side, hitting the door. "Hey! Open this door!" As a man appears at the passenger side, hitting the window. "Hey!" As they shout and yell, the others look at one another, Steve and Eddie swapping spots while Robin and Val went to sit at the table. "Everyone hang onto something!"

"Oh, my God! Let's go! Let's go!"

"Drive, Steve! Drive!"

At the back where Dustin and Max are seated, the boy spoke up, "shit, they look pissed." He says. "I mean, it's not everyday you lose your house and car in one fell swoop." Robin says, holding onto Val pretty tightly as the smaller is nearly on her lap at this point as Lucas and Eddie are across them at the table. Steve shouted at them to hold on.

Finally they reach the road and it finally felt calm in the mobile home, but Val stayed seated practically on Robin's lap as the girl's arms are tightly around her waist. Eddie had moved to sit behind Steve at some point and Valerie watched as the Munson kept glancing at Nancy who'd taken the passenger side seat.

The vehicle is quiet, quiet enough to hear a pin drop. So, Val can hear Steve and Nancy talking. About Steve wanting six kids, to travel in a Winnebago just like this one, something about him having some experience with the younger teens. She grimaced so hard when Nancy said it sounded nice. Steve deserves that. He deserves all of that very much. But not with Nancy. Val can see him so well in that image, being a good father and such, just not with Nancy. She belongs with Jonathan. And Steve... needs someone new.

Val glanced at Eddie who's staring off at basically nothing in particular. Then Lucas got up suddenly, going over to Max at the back and tell her his plan. The two continued talking as Robin softly nudged Valerie. "Val?" She whispers and the shorter turns to her. "Yeah, Robbie?" She murmured and Robin nods to her side. "You know there's a spot next to me, right?" She asked her, quietly.

"Yeah, but your lap's more comfortable." She whispers and Robin just smiles at her. "Since when were you two a couple?" Erica suddenly asked so Val looked at her rather quickly. "Since the whole shit at Starcourt." She says and Erica raised her brows. "Nine months? And I'm just now finding out? What else is my brother and this idiot keeping from me?" Erica looks at Dustin sitting to her side.

"We couldn't exactly out them, Erica." Dustin says snd Valerie just smiles at him, reaching over to ruffle his hat the way she and Steve would the year they had to watch over him and hunt down his "new pet", Dart. "You can stop doing that, Val. I'm a man now, not a kid." He says in a matter-of-fact tone and she raised her brows at him. "Do not talk to me about you being a man, Henderson, you're only 14. You're not a man just for going through puberty." She laughed and Robin giggles.

authors note
every single lgbt stranger things fic i have, everyone knows about the main couple and everyone's an ally, idc what ya'll say about some "iT wAs ThE 80's" this is fiction first of all, literally fanfiction too 😭😭 like there will be homophobes but not the whole squad bc i love the squad yk??

+ i'm currently in the process of cleaning/rearranging my room bc yk new year new me things or whatever. (MY SPEAKER JUST INTERRUPTED ME JUST TO SAY I NEED TO CHARGE IT, WHAT A SLUT) anyways i've forgotten i had a prewritten chapter so here's a new one 🫶🏼 trying my best to work on my other steve fic and the fics that are under coming soon as well 🤞🤞🤞