029. Snack-Size Gate.

WHILE THEY'RE waiting, Val started to get antsy, leaning closer to the edge and looking at the water, fidgeting with her jewelry as her brows draw together slightly. "Where are we at, Wheeler?" Robin asked, one of her hands is resting on the side of Val's waist.

"Closing in on a minute." A deep breath came from both Robin and Val. "He'll be fine." Robin rubs Valerie's hand with her own, looking at her girlfriend who softly nods. "Yeah." She whispers, still staring intently at the water when Steve finally submerged through the surface making them all exclaim loudly. "Oh, Christ!" Eddie yelled, then looked at Steve. "I found it." The Harrington swims closer, grabbing onto the edge of the boat. "You found it?" Valerie leans closer, smiling widely at him.

"Yeah. I found it." He glanced between Eddie and Val. "Dustin, you are a goddamn Einstein. Steve found the gate." Robin spoke into the radio before she leaned over, looking at Val. "It was pretty wild. It was more of a snack-size gate than the mama gate, but still, it's pretty big." Steve explains and Val nods. "Okay, now get the hell in--" She's cut off by the boy going back underwater suddenly.

"Steve?" Val says, her brows furrowed when he was above the water again, looking behind himself then looked back up at Eddie and Val. Steve gets pulled under the water again and Valerie's eyes widen. "Steve! Steve! No! No!" They yelled his name over and over, panicking. "What the hell was that?!" Eddie looked at Val who was standing up and staring at the water, hoping it was all a joke.

"Guys, really, what happened?" Robin looked at Val and Nancy. "Jesus!" Eddie exclaims, his hands over his head. "What do we do?" Robin asked panicked, and Valerie stood up, ripping off the jacket she had on. "Woah, woah, you're not going in there, are you?" Eddie grabs her arm and she just turns to him.

"Just... just wait here." She said, looking at the girls as well before she jumped into the water, swimming down. "Valerie!" Robin exclaimed, shaking her head before she sighed quietly, sitting onto the edge of the boat. Nancy nods, standing up. The two looked ready to dive into the water next and Eddie looks at them. "No, no, no, no, no, no. What are you two doing? She said wait here." Eddie tells them. "Yeah, I heard her." Robin merely says.

"She's in charge!" Eddie pointed and Nancy glanced over. "Are you kidding me? I made that shit up." Robin holds her nostrils closed and Nancy smiles faintly. "No, no! Guys--" the Munson is cut off by the two girls jumping into the water. Eddie shouts out, "goddamn it! Lying son of a bitch! Oh, this is so stupid."

When Val got in the Upside Down, she looked all around in search for her best friend when she saw him a couple of feet away, bats swarming him as he was on the ground. She flinched and turned around to find her girlfriend and her new found friend crawling through. "Val!" Robin rushed over and grabbed her by her waist. "Rob," she says, glancing at Nancy who picks up a nearby oar and tossing the other to Val who caught it, pointing in the direction Steve was. "He's over there!" She says.

When Eddie got through, the four ran towards where Steve was and Val smacked away the bats biting at her friend's waist. "Hey," she panted and started swatting at the bat that had a tail wrapped around his neck. "Nancy, watch out!" Eddie pointed and the Wheeler swings at the bat flying towards them.

"Val!" That was the last thing Val had heard when a bat latched onto her back, sinking its claws into her back as she screams in pain. "Robin!" She shouted for her girlfriend who came to grab onto the bats tail, not using the flashlight to avoid hitting Val as she pulls on the bat. "Nancy!" Eddie shouted as a bat came flying at them again and then just stood there, watching Steve bite into the bat's tail, then hold it by the tail and swing it back and forth as Robin finally got the bat off Val.

The girl smacked it down with the oar in her hands and stepped on it before stabbing it harshly, her teeth gritted. "Holy shit." Robin said then grabbed her arm. "Are you okay?!" She asked worriedly as Eddie went to Steve's side, grabbing his shoulder. "You okay, dude?" He asked and Steve looks down at his wounded waist. "They took about half a pound of flesh, but other than that, I'm okay..." He looks up at Eddie, smiling faintly at him.

Eddie just smiles the slightest back before turning away. "Are we in Hell?" He asked and Val chuckles. "Might as well be..." She sighs as Robin kneels down to the bat Valerie had just killed. "Are you okay? That looks like it hurts." Nancy grabs onto Valerie's shoulder gently, watching the blood ooze down Val's back. "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay..." She sighed and Robin glanced up at them.

"Uh, do you guys think that these bats have, like, rabies?" The Buckley spoke up making all of them look towards her. "What?" Val says, her face scrunched up. "It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear." The blonde explains and her girlfriend nods, knowing quite literally everything there is to know about Robin Buckley, her fear of rabies and earthquakes. "And I think we should probably get you to a doctor, like, really soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already, like, dead." She says and Val grows concern, furrowing her eyebrows.

The creatures screech as the whole horde of the ones that attacked Steve are flying around. Robin whimpers quietly, rushing over to stand behind Nancy, Val and Steve as Eddie stood behind Steve as well. The bats don't attack them however, but rather landed to hover around the gate. "Alright, there's not that many of them." Steve says and Val nods.

"We can take 'em." She says and Nancy nods softly. "Mm-hmm." She hums quietly. Then a much bigger swarm are flying towards them, screeching. "Or not." Val whispers. "The woods." Nancy grabs the Smith's arm gently and they started running. "Great, more running." Robin groans and Val reached out to grab her hand, squeezing it in gently in hers.

authors note robin deserves a better storyline than being the witty comedic relief lesbian. there, i said it. instead of the duffers putting all their energy in ruining jancy to bring back stancy (not a good ship), they should use it for robin and vickie :))) (i was so excited for them when i heard about vickie just to be ultimately disappointed by the lack of rockie or even vickie herself, like we get four scenes and that's it?? so lame of them honestly)
like they dick ride steve harrington so much which i get, he's amazing and i love him, but like, he's been the main focus for like FOUR seasons now, give it a rest