018. Toddfather.

THE WHOLE group were reunited and sitting together in the food court, Robin was sitting down by the fountain with Val next to her, her arm pretty much around Robin's shoulders as Nancy and the others explain everything to everyone else that wasn't there.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explains to everyone. "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy speaks up next. "How big is this thing?" Hopper asked the group before him. "It's big." Jonathan says, thinking.

"Thirty feet at least," he added and Lucas nods. "Yeah." He agreed. "It sorta destroyed your cabin." He then breaks the news to the chief who glanced down, not responding. "Sorry." Lucas whispers. "Okay, so just to be clear, this... This big fleshy spider thing that hurt El," Steve says, gesturing towards the girl.

"It's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" The nineteen year old asked, slightly confused. "Yes." Nancy quickly answers as she nods. "But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people." He then says and Nancy nods again. "Yes, exactly." She says, sounding annoyed at him making Val look over at her with a small glare.

"Yeah, okay. I-- Yeah, I'm just making sure."

Joyce looks towards Max and Steve, "are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" She said as she kept glancing over to Mike standing with Jonathan and Nancy. "El beat the shit out of it, but yeah, it's still alive." Max explains to Joyce as Val sighs, sitting down in front of Robin who glanced at her, worriedly.

"But if we close the gate again--" "We cut the brain off from the body." Max says, looking at Will as Valerie gets memories from six months prior. "And kill it." Lucas says, glancing to Joyce and Hopper now. "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo! Yoo-hoo!" The strange slightly bald man was making his way over with papers which he goes to show Joyce and Hopper. Robin sat down near by so Val sat with her, leaning closer as Murray explains the plan he had gone over with a Russian guy they were with. Erica had stepped in at some point as Valerie looks at Robin, "you okay?" The blonde asked her before Val could even ask her.

"Y-Yeah." Valerie just nods, glancing away and Robin had scooted closer, putting an arm around her. No one really seemed to notice or even if they did and they said anything, Steve would definitely back them up as he watched them with a small smile on his face.

After going over the plan, they got ready for the plan as Robin just jumps up and sits onto the counter at one of the restaurants so Valerie comes over and sits beside her. "I have a feeling Nancy isn't someone you like?" Robin says and Valerie scoffs softly. "I-I like her, she's... nice." She shrugs and Robin looks at her, squinting her eyes slightly at the other girl.

"She... broke Steve's heart, you know? And Steve is my best friend... and someone I really care about, so naturally I'm gonna dislike the people who hurt the ones I love." She says and Robin smiles, chuckling as she glanced away. Steve was rummaging through one of the other fast food restaurant. "Yeah... I can see how much he cares about you in return." Robin says before looking at Val who smiles softly.

"He's like my knight in shining armour... but platonically, you know?" She now looks at Robin who nods, smiling faintly. "He's a good guy. Kind of goofy and dumb, but... he's a good guy." She says and Valerie nods her head softly. "And he knows... you know, about me... He still supports me." Val says and Robin looks at her. "So... he knows you like me too?" She says and Valerie just blushed, looking away.

"Yes." She giggled then glanced up right as Dustin brought in his friends, the boys into a little hug making her smile widely. "Those kids... you know them because you babysat them?" Robin says and Val nods. "Steve and I... looked after them for a while." She smiles and Robin glanced over at the boys again, Dustin was now talking to Hopper.

Val watched with furrowed brows as Hopper tossed keys over to Steve who looked over at his best friend and Robin, waving them over before he walks, following after Dustin and Erica. The group of five exit the mall, "oh, man, now this... This is what I'm talking about!" Steve says, tossing the keys up and catching them as he pointed at the pale yellow car with dark red interior. "Toddfather?" Robin says as Valerie rolled his eyes at Steve.

"Oh, screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now." Steve says before hopping into the car. "Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asked the boy as Valerie opens the door for Robin and Erica to get into the back. "Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica says with a grimace on her face but Steve ignores them. Once Erica and Robin were in the back, Val gets into the passenger seat and looks at Steve.

"Alright, where are we going?" Steve asked, inserting the key. "Weathertop." Dustin says and Steve glanced back. "Weather- what?" The older says, slightly confused.

"Just drive."

"Okay. Jesus!"

They drove off from the mall, headed straight to Weathertop. Valerie glanced at Steve occasionally, fidgeting with her hands as she bounced her leg softly. "You okay, Val?" Steve glanced over for a second, still noticing even though he was busy driving.

She quickly nods, "yeah, yeah." She says and sighed softly. "Where exactly are we going?" Robin asked suddenly, glancing around the car. "Weathertop, to the Cerebro, it's where we can keep in contact with Hopper and Murray." Dustin says and Robin glanced over. "What's with the Cerebro anyway?" She says with a slightly confused face.

"I built it for Suzie!"

AUTHORS NOTE

i wrote these while playing online lmao because i realized while waiting between matches or whenever i die in matches, i can just write for this book and completely focus on it so i can finish it and just wait for season 4

+ updating this twice today instead, after this there's only three chapters left