004. Steve And Robin.

AFTER SCHOOL that day, at home, Valerie did everything she had to at home and then went over to Steve's, noticing the fact his parents' vehicle was gone before heading up to the front door, knocking softly. She waited patiently before the door swung open, "oh, just you..." He says, his big grin fading away at the sight of her and Val frowns at the disappointment from her best friend.

"Nice to see you, Val. You look super cute in that cheerleader costume, Val, though you're definitely way better than all the ditzy cheerleaders because you're my best friend! Or a hi would've sufficed, Harrington." She said as she brushed past him, entering his home and he sighs. "Why are you here? And you do look super cute by the way, but you know that." He says and Valerie just rolls her eyes.

"I'm here to cook! Like I always do when your parents leave town." She said as she headed straight to the kitchen. Sometimes when Steve's parents left town, he sometimes... never eats, well, he does but it's always junk food like snacks or microwaveable food that Val finds an abomination, so she comes over, cooks supper, then sit down to eat with him, where they talked about many things and sometimes nothing in particular at all.

It's sort of common between the two best fridnds. Val hates being at home and Steve gets lonely at home, perfect balance. So, Valerie cooks up some macaroni and cheese, something she noticed was one of Steve's favourite, he also really likes grilled chicken, or fried chicken, or salmon, sometimes even burgers. His taste varies with the concept of each meal, healthy, none healthy, in between. Val also makes really delicious burgers, this he notices and appreciates, a lot, because he loves burgers the most, but she makes them way better than any old fast food restaurant does. So he usually sits there, watching with his arms crossed on the counter.

It felt as if someone actually cared for him sometimes, that his dad and mom are wrong about all the things they say to him. These dinners are always just them, Steve likes that a lot, but sometimes Robin joins and he figured tonight was one of those nights, and he's right as the doorbell rang but then the door burst open. "Sorry, I'm late! Band practice ran longer than usual!" Robin says as she walks in, putting down the case of her trumpet and walking over, smiling before joining Steve's side.

"That's okay, the mac 'n' cheese is almost done." Valerie says and Robin makes a vomit noise. "You like weird things, dingus." She tells Steve who just jabs her shoulder. "So do you," he says and she just rolled her eyes. "I knew you'd say that. So, I made you this." Valerie brings over a bowl of chicken noodle soup, Robin's favourite. "There. For my favourite girl." She smiles and Robin giggles softly.

"Thank you!" She said and leaned over. "You guys are nauseating." Steve got up just as the two shared a kiss, walking over to the fridge to open it up and grab a soda. "You're just jealous you can't find a girlfriend." Valerie mused as she returned to stirring the macaroni before turning the heat off and pouring some into two separate bowls. "Right. You're peanut butter and jelly, Steve." Robin says and Steve just rolled his eyes as they all sat down at the dining room table with their bowls and plates of food.

"You got a big date planned tonight, Stevie?" Valerie asked and Steve nods. "Definitely." He smiled widely and the curly haired girl squints her eyes a bit at him slightly. "We do too." Robin's staring at Val with a small smirk as she ate her food and the brunette blushed, glancing away from her blonde girlfriend. "Oh, yeah? Do not want to hear the details, so spare me." Steve says and Val rolls her eyes.

"We said our first I-love-you's today!" Robin turns to look at their best friend who raised his brows, glancing over at Val. "Really? Wow... how long has it been? Nine? Eight months?" He asked and Robin looks at him. "Eight months and twenty-one days and counting." She says as Val stares at her with a small smile.