032. Know Morse Code.

IN THE entryway of the diningroom, the four stood in a line together. "Maybe he really does have rabies." Robin whispers to Val and Nancy to her left. "Hey! Steve!" Val exclaims and the man stops, turning to them. "What are you doing?" She says and he walks over. "He's here. Henderson. That little shit." He said as he looked between all of them.

"He's here," he looks at Eddie who he looks like he hopes will believe him. "He's like... he's in the walls or something. Just listen. Dustin. Dustin! Dustin!" He continues to shout again, walking around the room as the other four share looks, Val to Eddie and Robin to Nancy before they start to listen closely as well.

Valerie can hear him. Dustin talking to someone. They all began to look around, shouting for him and checking behind curtains because yeah, he'd totally be there, Eddie. "Okay, either he can't hear us or... he's being a jerk!" Val says the last part loudly but nothing so she sighs. "Will found a way." Nancy told her, looking up at her. "What?" Steve says and Valerie snaps her fingers, pointing them in finger guns at Nancy. "Yeah, Dustin mentioned that Will spoke to Joyce through the lights, yeah?" She said as she went to the nearest lamp and began switching it on and off.

Nada. "The light switch." Nancy pointed so Valerie tries that next but still nothing. "Guys?" When Steve said that, Val quickly turns around to see some sort of aura around the dining room chandelier, like specks of gold and pink-ish orange, salmon maybe. Valerie and Nancy walk over to the table, standing side by side. They both reach out, making it glow brighter at their fingertips, as Steve came over to Nancy's left and Robin and Eddie to Val's right side. "Woah." Eddie says quietly as Steve reached out as well, a bit amazed by it.

Robin and Eddie do the same as Steve spoke, "it... tickles." He tells them and Val chuckles. "It kinda feels good." Robin says as the shorter to her left glanced at her then at Eddie who's also smiling, swirling his fingers. Nancy retracted her hand first, "does anybody know morse code?" She asked and Val quickly turns to her. "I do." She says and Nancy furrows her brows. "Why do you know morse code?"

"Well, since that thing two years ago with Will and stuff, I kind of do... my research and stuff. I was curious on how morse code works." She explains and Nancy nods. "Okay, go for it." She gestured then stepped back, giving a small tight lipped smile for encouragement. For some reason, the others also back up a bit, unsure why they did, Val kind of ignores it as she reached up, flicking her fingers at the lights, S. O. S. She repeated it three times.

"It's working."

"Guys! Is that you?!" Dustin's voice made Val giggle and smile brightly to her girlfriend and her friend to the left before turning back and doing Y, E, S next before waiting. Long story short, Dustin scolded them as quietly as he could about "being dumb enough" to go into Watergate before telling them the plan to meet him and the others in Nancy's room upstairs. The five wait on their knees by the bed, then the light appears before them.

Nancy reached out to the light as Val's eyes brighten and her smile widens. "Holy shit!" Dustin exclaimed and laughed making Valerie chuckle softly as the five of them watched in amazement. Nancy swirled her hand around in the light. "We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it. Standby." Dustin told them so Nancy retracted her hand from the light and they waited as the light disappeared.

"Okay, try it now!" Dustin says and Val gives an encouraging look to Nancy, smiling faintly as the girl turns to the bed. "Okay, um... uh..." Nancy then reached out, before spelling out HI into the specks of light. "That worked!" Dustin shouted back making the teens celebrate, especially Steve and Eddie who turn to one another, patting each other's shoulders.

"Hi!" Eddie leapt forward and Val laughed, looking to Nancy who was smiling widely. "Um," the girl now says before spelling out STUCK. "Mm-hmm." Eddie hums twice as he keeps nodding. "Yeah, we are." Robin says quietly, her arms are around Val's shoulders as she stood behind her now. "Uh, you can't get back through Watergate?" Dustin calls out.

"What the hell's Watergate?" Steve asked, looking at them as Val glanced over. "Well, it's in water and it's a gate, Harrington." She says and he nods, rolling his eyes at her. "Oh, that's cute." Eddie says, tilting his head. "Oh, um, no, it's..." Nancy reached out, writing GUARDED as the others on the other side try to figure out what she's saying until it was all spelt out, then Dustin shouted, "uh, Watergate's guarded." Valerie smiles, glancing at Nancy.

"Perfect, yes. Yes."

"We think we have a theory that can help with that." Dustin shouted out and Robin closed her eyes. "Genius child." She says and Val chuckles, rubbing the back of her hand. "We think Watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site." He added on and Nancy looks down. "Does anybody understand what he's talking about?" She asked and Val looks at her. "Nance, you said so yourself, Vecna might be the same as the Demogorgon. That he leaves behind portals whenever he attacks... so, Edster," she said, hitting his arm and he turns towards her.

"How far is your trailer from here?"

"About seven miles." Eddie answers and Val raised her brows before looking at Nancy. "We're gonna walk seven miles..." She said quietly before pretending to faint, collapsing towards Robin who held her up. "Uh, I know your house is, like, weirdly creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?" The Buckley now asked Nancy and Valerie stood up. "Bikes?"

authors note
i'm thinking of changing val's faceclaim but that'd mean hitting up my plug for a cover, changing the gifs and all which is not a lot but it's too much work for someone as lazy as me so i'm keeping antonia lmao

+ i'm finally updating!!! round of applause for me please!!! 🥸 also, it's also been over 2 weeks i've stopped drinking coffee, going to be a week since i've quit smoking cigarettes on friday and i'm feeling so much better overall about myself it's like a miracle or sumn