015. Vecna's Curse.

THE THREE girls arrive to their high school, instantly rushing inside. Max shows them to the hallway, "it was here. Right here." She shook her flashlight a bit at the wall, "a grandfather clock?" Val asked in a soft tone, looking to the redhead whose gaze trailed down then back up. "It was so real." The Mayfield says.

"And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up." She says as Valerie stared at her with worry. "It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie and Val said happened to Chrissy." Dustin says and Max turned around to the others. "That's not even the bad part." She says, glancing at Valerie who looks around at the other four.

In the office, Max stood on the other side of the desk, Robin sitting down with Val on the other chair by her with Nancy on the right side of Robin, Steve on the left side of Val with Dustin. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually..." Max paused so Val glanced up.

"Everything ended." The redhead finished. What happened to Chrissy flashes in Val's mind, quickly glancing down. "Vecna's curse." Robin looks up at Max. "Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max finally tells them and Val quickly glanced up, the back of her eyes stinging. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." Max said and right away, Valerie stood up, walking off. "And I just saw that goddamn clock, so..." The redhead let out a shaky breath. "Looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

Valerie quickly turned around, shaking her head. "No, Max... no. I'll do whatever it takes, okay? I--I can't go through that again, I can't. We'll, we'll figure something out, right, Nance?" Her tone is desperate and halfway through, tears fell from her face as Steve came to her side, grabbing her arm. "We'll figure something out, yeah." Nancy quickly says, nodding as Val looks at Max, her face in a little frown with her glossy eyes. A distant clang makes them all jump, looking towards the office door.

"Stay here." Steve tells them, brushing past Val as Robin quickly stood up, coming over to her girlfriend and putting an arm around her. On his way out, Steve grabbed the nearest thing which was a lamp. A lamp. The man heads out into the hallway and the others follow behind him shortly as they walk cautiously.

As the noise got closer and closer, Steve prepares himself but the person that came running out from the other hall is none other than Lucas Sinclair, all of them yelling in fright. "It's me!" The boy shouted. "Lucas?" Nancy exclaims, stepping closer. "Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?!" Steve yelled.

"I'm sorry!" The boy apologized, panting. "I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve screams at him as Val sighs in relief, leaning against Nancy. "Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was... I was biking for eight miles." He paused to grunt and pant, catching his breath. "Give me one second. Shit." He says quickly. "We've got a code red." He now tells them. "What?"

"Dustin." Lucas brushed past Steve. "I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is." Lucas pointed at the curly headed boy. "You're in terrible danger." He added. "Alright, yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now." Dustin looks over at Max behind him and the others, who Lucas now gazed at worriedly.

They ended up at the Wheeler's and before they headed into the basement, Val calls to Max, who quickly stopped to turn and look at her. "I meant what I said you know... whatever it takes. I can't bare losing any of you that way, Steve, Robin, Dustin, any of the other little shits." She says and Max just stared at her. "I promise, okay, Max?" She reached out, grabbing her shoulder and Max nods softly.

"Yeah, thanks Val..." She whispers and Valerie sighs, "sorry for the emotional outburst earlier at school. After... Chrissy, I--I don't know," she whispers, glancing down and Max shook her head. "It's okay." She whispers back and Val glanced down, sighing softly. "We should head inside." She tells her and Max nods before they headed inside to the basement.

They all tried their best to get some sleep, then early in the morning, Val, Nancy and Robin headed off to the school for Nancy to gather some stuff from her newspaper club, leaving bind the folder of articles they made copies of from the library about Victor Creel and the murders that happened at his home.

"Hey, are you okay?" Robin asked quietly as she and Val were waiting in the vehicle, Nancy had called Pennhurst Asylum, pretending the three of them are academic scholars writing up a thesis, so that they can see Victor Creel, only to get no as answer but got an meeting with the director, and after arranging that, Nancy had called up one of her newspaper friends for help, who didn't turn her down, because, come on, let's be honest, it's Nancy Wheeler.

Yeah... why?" She glanced back at her girlfriend who's staring at her. "What you said to Max last night, um, what you saw happen with Chrissy is really... affecting you." She says quietly and Valerie just quickly glanced away.

"Chrissy was... an acquaintance turned into a friend slowly over the past few months, she wasn't like my best friend or anything... but Max is someone closer to me. I--I don't know what I would do if anything were to happen to her." She said with tears filling her eyes then she glanced away, softly chuckling and letting out a small sigh. "That... year the Mindflayer possessed Will, remember that?" She asks.

"Yeah. The demo-dogs..." Robin says, her eyes fixated on the curly haired girl. "I overheard Mike being a little jerk to her... and I gave her a little talk, said I was new to all of this Upside Down crap too. Uh, long story short, I kinda had to protect her and the boys from Billy Hargrove. Did not end well, he just threw me to the wall and went after Lucas. Max made him say sorry to me too, when she was yelling at him. She's, like, super badass." She chuckles softly and Robin smiles faintly, glancing down.

"And when... it was just her and the other boys, she was the only one who said hi to me last summer whenever I saw them. I was a little hurt, Mike, I wasn't surprised by, Lucas, super offended, Will, I didn't know that well, Dustin was away summer camp, but Max always said hi and smiled at me. She changed since then... I guess because of Billy. But I still care for her, you know?" She glanced back.

Robin nods, staring at her with a worried stare. "Yeah." She says quietly and Val sighs. "I also find her and Lucas super adorable. Hearing they broke up really broke my heart." She says and Robin just giggled, looking away. Val smiled, staring at her girlfriend. "Hey," Nancy now hops into the vehicle, sighing.

"Here they are." She said, handing over the three folders. "Wonderful. You are simply just wonderful, Wheeler." Val says, nodding as she opens up the file. "Rose." She handed back the file towards Robin who takes it. "You'll be Ruth, Nance. And I'll take Evelyn." She giggled quietly at the name. "Ruth. Evelyn. And Rose. The unstoppable trio!" She said as she raised a fist while Robin just looks at her and Nancy just glanced at her oddily.

"Yeah. Sure... Unstoppable trio."

authors note Unstoppable Trio <3

+ the hot topic i went to today had only steve, max and lucas merch ☹️ sadly the steve merch did not have my size, neither did the other two so i got a max shirt for my niece and the worker showed me an eddie one but it was like size x-small. nearly cried. but at least i got some other shirts!! michael myers, black sabbath, iron maiden, ghost face and stuff :))