017. The Russians.

WHEN THE four teens and ten year old all stand up, the car had been flung across the food court. They look over to the top floor and spot Eleven with the others, Nancy, Jonathan, Mike, Max, Lucas and Will. Dustin immediately smiles upon seeing El was their hero.

The five run over to the escalators as the others were coming down. Valerie smiles widely when she hears Dustin's laugh. "You flung that thing like a hot wheel!" He says as he then embraced both Eleven and Mike. "Lucas?" Erica says with confusion when seeing her brother.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas says, his brows furrowed. "Ask them. It's their fault." Erica says, pointing at Val, Steve and Robin. "True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault." Steve doesn't even deny it as Val smiles softly. "I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin says, looking around at them.

"El has superpowers." Valerie says, squeezing her hand gently. "I'm sorry?" She says, looking back at the shorter girl beside her. "Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. Come on, catch up." Steve says as Robin looks at him. "That's El?" Erica says, pointing at her.

"Who's El?" Robin says, looking at her now. "I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy says, pointing at Robin and Valerie glanced over with a sneer. "I'm Robin. I work with Steve." The taller girl smiled sweetly at Nancy anyway. "She cracked the top secret code. She's a super genius." Valerie says with a wide grin on her face.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians." Dustin says, nodding. "Russians? Wait, what Russians?" Jonathan says and Steve points. "The Russians!" He says.

"Those were Russians?" Max says with a shocked look on her face. "Some of them." Erica says as she glanced over to the men. "What are you talking about?" Lucas now asked his younger sister. "Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin now asked them. "Yeah. But I couldn't understand half of what you were saying." Mike answers the boy beside him.

"Goddamn low battery." Dustin complains as he looked away. "How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve says, smacking his hands together. "Yeah, well, everything worked out, didn't it?" The younger boy responds to the older. "Worked out? We almost died." Erica exclaimed at the boy.

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?"

Val steps closer to Robin, rolling her eyes and then she glanced over to see El was standing a little way off from the group then she collapsed. "Woah, woah!" All of them rush over. "El! El!" Mike flips her onto her back. "Hey, hey, you okay?" Valerie asked with worry, kneeling on the other side of her opposite of Mike.

"My leg. My leg." She groans, grabbing onto Valerie's arm tightly, same with Mike's. "Her leg, her leg. Okay." Jonathan says, lifting up her pants and taking off the bandages with Mike and Nancy's help. They all groan and grimace at the sight so Val doesn't look since she's queasy around lots of blood and is grossed out by wounds. El starts grunting and groaning in pain, holding onto Val tighter.

"Woah, woah, whatever's wrong with her, we gotta fix it and we have to fix it now before she snaps my arm in half." Valerie quickly says and El just got louder. "El! El!" Mike grabs her shoulder and El keeps her teeth gritted as Mike begins to ask her if she's okay then she screamed loudly. All of the other kids looked extremely worried for her.

By now, she was letting out screams then sobbing in pain straight afterwards. "There's something in there." Mike says and Valerie grimaced, not wanting to look again as she turns her face the other way. "Jesus Christ." Dustin says when he saw it. "Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay." Jonathan tells them before running off so Valerie looks at the girl in pain.

"El, El, just stay awake, alright?" She says to her and El nods. "Okay," she sobbed out. "It's a nice outfit you got on." Valerie smiled softly at her and for a moment, El smiled back but then her eyes closed. "Hey, hey, stay awake. Stay awake." Mike says to her, worriedly.

"Let's get her on this side." She tells Valerie who moves a bit back. "Steve," she says, wanting his help. "Easy, easy, easy," Steve says, helping Valerie and Mike who move El and Nancy moves her legs gently. "It's, uh, you know, it's not actually that bad, there was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin began rambling to them.

"Rob?" Valerie glanced up and she looks at her. "Yeah?" She says and Val shakes her head. "Not helping," she whispers. "Sorry." Robin looks away, panicking even more. "Okay, alright, El?" Jonathan says, setting down his supplies and Valerie immediately noticed them. "This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Oh, my God, no," Val whispers. "You got this, El, I believe in you, but I'm gonna be over here." She walked over to Robin and hugged her, hiding her face into her neck. She closed her eyes and grimaced the more she heard what was going on right behind her. Robin had her arm around her waist, watching with a grimace.

When Valerie begins hearing El in pain, she covered her ears now and shook her head. "It's okay," Robin hugs her tighter. When it stops, Valerie curiously looks over. "I can do it." El says as she was sitting up with Mike's help. Valerie watched now as El used her powers to get whatever it was out of her.

And as she screamed, it got louder then the glass behind them smashed so Robin covers Val a bit who flinched, grabbing onto her. El then holds the creature up to her face before she threw it across the floor. Where someone steps on it. It was Hopper, some strange half bald man by him and Joyce on the other side.

AUTHORS NOTE

we at the battle of starcourt mall now boyos and gorls and enbys, then it'll be over and i'll have to wait until 2022 for st4 😭
and then in the meantime i will be writing three fear street fics and a kiara carrera fic