ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ : sɪxᴛʜ ʏᴇᴀʀ)

Two weeks ago, Aven Selwyn received the Dark Mark. It had been a long, painful process, and in the end, she was left with the inability of wearing short-sleeved shirts or having any freedom.

Then she'd had her nose broken, and that had pissed her off. With a freshly healed bump worn on the bridge of her nose, the beginning of sixth year was off to a dreadful start. She'd had a long discussion with Narcissa Malfoy, a woman thought to be cold, and gone into her task ten times more terrified than she'd initially been.

Her back was burdened with the stress of partnering with Draco Malfoy, a boy whom she was currently on her way to meet, and repairing a seemingly impossible thing to repair. Impossible both because it was fucked up beyond fixing, and because she had no inclination to fix it anyways, not when people she'd grown up with would parish because of it.

She'd visited Diagon Alley several days before, seeing through to purchase larger robes (with the intention to cover her monstrous tattoo) as well as the necessary books required for this years lessons.

With her hair braided out of her eyes and luggage now safely stowed away, she set off in search of the youngest Malfoy, a frown on her lips at the thought of confronting him. They'd never had much to do with each other, never going out of their way to be friends. Luckily, Draco's relentless bullying had never been implied on her, wether because she was a pure blood or Slytherin, she didn't know.

Narcissa Malfoy had told Aven that her son would find her just outside the Hogwarts Express on Kings Cross, and unsurprisingly, Draco had failed to show up. Aven had brushed it off as sheer immaturity and lack of responsibility, although she couldn't deny that she was growing annoyed by the fact she now had to hunt him down while she could be spending this precious time reading.

She slithered between handfuls of excited first years and laughing third years, brushing off their touch as shoulders slammed into her own. Several carriage curtains had been drawn, no doubt by the hand of horny teenagers who'd just been reunited with their fuck buddies.

Aven grimaced at the idea and finally sighed as she came across the back of a silver - haired head. As no surprise, Draco wore his wealth through an impeccable black suit, drawn right around his wrists and high on his neck. Aven resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she walked the remaining feet to the table he and his friends inhabited.

Standing at the edge of the table, all four Slytherin's swiveled to face the girl with curious gazes.

"Malfoy," Aven stated sourly, watching as his eyes narrowed on her.

Off to a spectacular start, then.

"Have you already found yourself someone to bed, mate?" Blaise Zabini asked Draco, eyebrows raised. "We've been on this blasted train for ten minutes."