ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ sʜᴀɢɢᴇʀ)

Madam Hooch stood placidly on the field below, robes bright in the middle of the arena, as she requested that the captains shake hands. Urquhart, who had a nasty smirk on his face, shakes Potter's vigorously, clenching hard until he let go. The Slytherin proceeded to wipe his palm on his trousers, as if cleaning his hand from the Gryffindor scum.

Harry appeared affronted but not surprised, rolling his eyes before he positioned his broom and sauntered back off towards his team.

Theo, Adrien, and Blaise were dressed out, standing among a sea of green, both wearing identical grins as they laughed at something unbeknownst to those in the stands.

"With Malfoy out and Vaisey sick, it's not looking too good for us," Pansy commented, bright eyes trained on the scene.

"Hopefully it's a dirty game, then. I could use some excitement," Aven added, tightening the scarf around her neck as a breeze passed by.

The players mounted their brooms, angling the shafts toward the cloudless sky as they crouched, prepared to take off at whistles notice. There was no sun, only an overcast atmosphere.

Cheering began nearly immediately as the whistle blew, red and green flying into the air, faces oozing of determination and confidence.

Potter soared the perimeter of the ring, eyeing the other Slytherins as he swiveled for the snitch.

"Well, there they go, and I think we're all surprised to see the team that Potter's put together this year. Many thought, given Ronald Weasley's patchy performance last year, that he might be off the team, but of course, a close personal friendship with the Captain does help . . ." Zacharias Smith trailed off firmly. Slytherins laughed at the remark, clapping abundantly.

"Oh! And here comes the Slytherin's first attempt on goal, it's Urquhart streaking down the pitch and - . . . Weasley saves it. Well, he's bound to get lucky sometimes, I suppose."

Pansy chortled from besides Aven, although the blonde strangely missed Lee Jordan, or at least his humor.

Theo rose slightly higher, locking eye contact with Blaise. The dark-skinned boy slightly nodded, and Theo tilted his broom downwards, although stayed hovering in the same position. In a split minute of action, the quaffle was thrown to Blaise, who zoomed down the length of the field, faking a doge and pretending to throw to another player before he curved his arm and aimed for Theo.

Theo caught it swiftly, tucking it beneath his arm as he soared down. People gasped, thinking he may plummet to the sand beneath, but he turned left, causing the bludger on his tail to miss and hit Ginny Weasley instead. He glanced over his shoulder to Adrian, smiling hugely, before launching the quaffle effortlessly through the ring, marking the first Slytherin goal of the game.