ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ: ʀᴇsᴛʀɪᴄᴛᴇᴅ sᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ)

Aven's shoes clacking against the ground was the only thing that made others aware of her. She was otherwise invisible, which was both a blessing and curse. It made it easy to sneak in and out of places, and the robes announcing her place in Slytherin only made people stay more out of her way.

So, as the items in her pockets weighed her down, she headed in the direction that students were filtering in and out of. The doors of the library were open, welcoming to others, and Aven waited for the majority of students to clear out before she grasped her wand.

"Fumos."

A large, cloudy smoke-screen formed, completely swallowing the corridor. Several students shouted in surprise, coughing on the smoke as it hindered visibility. Casting a charm to allow her to see through the fog, Aven crouched and weaved her way through panicking kids.

Retrieving her dungbombs, she threw them in various directions, the stink instantly sprouting and diluting the air. Aven grimaced, plugging her nose as she pushed into the library.

Madam Pince was shrieking, urging everybody out in distress. Aven grinned in success, quickly approaching the back of the library where the restricted section was.

A gold, large fence prevented students from crossing, and Aven propped her foot onto a small threshold, boosting herself up. She gripped the top shaft of the fence, heaving her body over the edge.

She tumbled to the ground, knocking the wind from her system. Coughing, she regained her balance and began searching each shelf for the desired books. Skimming section after section, she became nervous, knowing that the smoke wouldn't provide coverage for much longer.

Her eye caught on a specific book, with withering structure and an army-green colored cover.

"How to Repair Using Heavy Magic and Enchanted Tools."

Aven gnawed on her lip and grabbed the book, slipping it beneath her arm. She could hear the frantic voices just in the lobby.

"An Experienced Guide to Transfiguration and Strong Curses."

While it only crossed her mind now, perhaps if the vanishing cabinet could be transfigured into an different object, things could transport easily. Finally, she grabbed one last book.

"Advanced Potion Making; In the Dark."

Satisfied by her finds, Aven slipped all three textbooks into her bag, slinging the small satchel beneath her robes. Checking both ways for anyone, she pushing herself back over the fence. Thankful the smokescreen still hung heavily in the air, she made a quick and easy get away, Madam Pince's coughing fit barely noticeable over her escape.

She slowed her jog to remain less suspicious as she got further from the scene, smoothing her hair and straightening her robes.

"Aromus."