ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴅᴀʏ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ)

Aven had successfully avoided all of her housemate's for days. She'd done this by spending nearly all day in the room of requirements, either skipping meals or sneaking into the kitchen, and going to bed early. She and Draco hadn't spoken since her return, either, and that much made her glad. 

It was nearly mid-January, and Aven had a short few months left to complete the cabinet before she was out of time. The though didn't terrify her nearly as much as it once did; she knew what Voldemort was capable of doing, so rather than denying it to meet his demands, she welcomed the consequences with open arms. He can have at her freely if she failed, it's not as if she had anything to fight for anyways. He'd striped her of her dignity, future, happiness, and the luxury of wearing short-sleeved shirts.

The last one was decidedly unimportant when compared to the others, but it still was acknowledged enough to be placed on the list.

According to when she'd checked last night, the Felix Felicis had just been marked at three months of brewery, meaning it was halfway finished. The months of time that it had been cooking had pass both slow and fast. At times she'd been so devoted to her work that the days passed in a blur of rolled sleeves and wilted wood, but others moved expertly slow, painfully so.

Her eyes snapped to her right as her thermos was snatched from besides her elbow, scrapping against the desk.

Theo's eyes squinted as his Adam's apple bobbed,  swallowing the drink skeptically. His lips pulled into a grimace as he handed the metal cup back to her.

"Fucking hell, did you spike your coffee at eight in the morning?" Theo swore, face scrunched at the foul taste. He hooked his ankle around the chair in front of her, pulling it out before slipping in. He slouched, cupping his cheek as he stared ahead. Aven held her tongue; this was the class she was least looking forward to. She didn't mind potions class, just the fact that's he was grouped with the very people she was attempting to avoid.

He pursed his lips at her. "You look like shit. Those eye bags are atrocious. Is that why you've got half a canister of whiskey? Coffee not enough to energize you?"

Aven hummed a thanks as she watched Theo tap his fingers against his textbook.

"Didn't have any creamer. Had to settle for something a little stronger. Helps me think, too," Aven shrugged.

"And how is that working for you?"

"Quite good, thanks."

A black bob and short skirt entered Aven'd peripheral vision. "You got it to talk. Impressive, Theo," Pansy amended as she came around the corner, tossing her things to the table top.

Theo grinned up at Pansy. "She's a raging alcoholic, did you know?"

"Not surprised. Daddy issues lead to various amounts of addictions and mental problems to fill the void they leave" Pansy shamelessly commented. "We all have them."