ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ: ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ)

It was nearing the end of October when Aven Selwyn began to truly feel the weight of her task holding her down. She could barely go two hours without planning her next suggestion regarding the vanishing cabinet, and the hours of sleep she once got now dwindled to three a night - if she were lucky.

"I'm just saying that, and although it's hard to brew, I know that, it may help."

"I never said no," Draco sighed, rubbing his temples. "I just said it is very time consuming. If you'd won it the first time over Potter-,"

"Shut the fuck up, Malfoy. Potter won, and if he hadn't then Granger would've. I tired, and so didn't you, so it's as much my fault as it is yours. I know liquid luck takes a while to fully brew, I'm just saying that if we can correctly make it, it could tremendously help up improve the cabinet."

"Do whatever you want," Draco waved her off. "I don't care. Throw sixth months down the drain, if you please."

"You're hopeless," she muttered, brushing her fingers over the outside of the cabinet. Returning to the coffee table just to the left of her where three open books laid, Aven leaned over to properly view them.

Revaro, a strong repairing charm, can work both long term and short term. This spell is casted and immediately sinks into the exterior of the item needing to be repaired, and reprograms the foliage to repair it to the best extent.

-Suggested in shape.

Right under was the suggested shape for casting the charm, and although Aven's wrist was stiff and her eyes stung, she raised her wand and swished it as recommended.

"Revaro."

Aven dropped her head, chin touching her chest in dismay when, per usual, not a single thing changed.

"What else is there to possibly do?" Aven asked desperately, fiddling with the chain around her neck as she furrowed her brows in concentration.

"If I knew, that piece of shit would already be fixed."

Always helpful, Malfoy, Aven thought to herself sourly. Draco closed up more and more after every day that passed and their task remained incomplete. Aven figured it was because he had people he cared about to worry for. Voldemort was cruel, and he could murder Draco's family in cold blood just to prove a point. Aven, however, didn't have any family. He could go ahead and kill her father, for all she cared.

Aven checked her watch. "I'm headed to the dorms. There's nothing we can do half awake other than repeat things we've already tried. And if we do that, then you'll act like a dick and I'll be bitchy. We'll reconvene after some sleep."

"I'm staying here."

Aven pursed her lips. "Fine. Just get some sleep."

"Don't tell me what to do."