ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: ᴛʀʏᴏᴜᴛs)

"It's a piece of paper. Scary," Malfoy sarcastically retorted, rolling his eyes as he appeared uninterested over the scrappy note that Aven had recovered tucked safely in the top of the vanishing cabinet.

"It has to mean something though, right?" Aven pried, trying to keep up with his long strides as they walked through the dark halls, thankful for both the silencing charm as well as the disillusionment charm she'd casted, keeping them two of them invisible as well as unheard.

"Yeah, it could mean a number of things. But if it doesn't give the instructions to repair the cabinet, then it doesn't mean a fucking thing to me. You need to focus on the task at hand, not some ridiculous note."

Aven frowned, pocketing the paper. Sure, it wasn't a big deal, which she knew, but it still piqued her interest with it being at that specific place. It was like they were supposed to find it, and judging by the state of it, it was written quite some time ago.

"Has your-," she hesitated, earning a glance from him from the corner of his eyes. "Has your thing itched?"

He smirked. "You're gonna have to be more specific."

"You're disgusting," Aven scowled.

"And you're asking personal questions. We're here as partners, not buddies. We work, not talk."

Aven pressed her lips into a thin, flat line, biting the inside of her cheek so she'd remain silent as he'd requested. They turned down the familiar corridor, stopping before the door they'd sought out.

Aven casted a nonverbal 'alohomora', allowing the door to swing open before she side stepped in front of Draco and walked in. The stale scent of dried berries and disinfected tables hung in the air, and Aven weaved between the desks until she reached Slughorn's area.

Sitting in his chair, she surveyed the desk for anything of interest, kicking her feet onto the desk and leaning back. Draco leant against the wall and crossed his arms, staring at her.

"What is it we need for this stupid plan, anyways?"

"You won't be thinking it's stupid when it works."

"It won't work," Draco coldly replied.

Aven rolled her eyes, standing up. "Some optimism wouldn't hurt."

Draco stared at her blankly as if the word held no meaning to him. Aven, growing annoyed, thrusted the paper she'd previously written with the required ingredient into his chest, letting him take it as she scrounged around in search.

She sifted through various drawers and cupboards, grabbing the items she'd noticed.

"Can you find the murtlap tentacle, please?"

"Get it yourself. These are new robes and I don't fancy getting on my knees to dirty them."

"Could've fooled me."