ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴀɴᴛɪᴅᴏᴛᴇ)

"It's four in the morning, you dumbarse. No one will be up," Draco scowled as they approached the Slytherin common room entrance, both of them tired after another night of work and no improvement.

Aven rolled her eyes as they entered the room, stoping instantly as she caught sight of Pansy Parkinson, Theodore Nott, and Blaise Zabini sitting on the green velvet couch.

Draco paled and Aven smirked at him. "You were saying?"

He mumbled something under his breath as he attempted to breeze past his friends, but Blaise instantly stood and blocked him.

"Returning from a late night snog? You're a bit past curfew, mate," Theo grinned at him. "Although I'd expect you to know that, being prefect and all."

Draco scowled (again) response.

"Yeah, can you dock points from yourself?" Pansy questioned. "Just curious."

Aven was thoroughly enjoying the 'bash Draco' session she was witnessing until they all turned to look at her.

"Well, this is new," Pansy hummed. "Found yourself a new play thing, Draco?"

Aven's smirk dropped into a flat line. "Please, I have far better standards than him."

Draco turned and glared at her sharply. "No, she is most certainly not a play thing, nor were we snogging. I don't waste time on things bad in bed."

"How the fuck would you know? For one, I'm delightful in bed, thanks."

"Only one way to find out," Theo winked in her direction. Aven looked to him incredulously before turning and heading towards the girls dormitory.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Blaise asked eagerly.

Aven stared at all of them in boredom. "To bed?"

"Nah," Blaise dismissed. "You're gonna tell us what exactly the two of you have been up to."

"What are you, my parents?" Aven retorted through a snort. "We were only-,"

"Engaged."

Aven coughed loudly at Draco's interruption, turning to him fast enough to cause whiplash. Clearly, the others seemed just as shocked by his outburst.

"When the bloody fuck did that happen?" Theo queried seriously. "You've never even batted an eye at Selwyn here."

Aven's lips parted as she sarcastically responded. "Thanks, Theodore."

"Anytime, love," he replied breezily, leaning against the back of the couch. "Now, back to the whole engagement thing, please."

Draco blatantly ignored Aven's look, and he shrugged, pushing his hands into his pockets. "It's arranged, obviously. As if I'd go for her-,"