ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ: ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴏʏ)

"Where are you going?"

Aven grasped her shirt, straightening it across her chest as she avoided making eye contact with the boy behind her, who still laid half naked on the couch, arms crossed behind his head.

"The others will come back soon. It would look bad if they found us like this," Aven mumbled, willing herself to turn around, facing him.

His eyebrows shot up. "We could just relocate and continue . . . this excursion."

Aven made a face. "Excursion?"

He shrugged, kicking his legs off the edge of the sofa. "Don't act so appalled. You can barely look at me. Was I that bad?"

Aven scoffed. Either he was fishing for compliments, or he was just truly lacking self esteem. "Bad?"

"It was a spur of the moment type of thing, Aven. I'm sure I'll be better prepared next time."

"There won't be a next time."

He laughed under his breath, leaning down to retrieve his pants. "You say that now. Honestly, you have a problem with denial. You're lucky I'm patient."

"I don't have a problem with denial, Theo. You just- did you really believe that the whole monologue and lights off thing wouldn't work? Any, and I literally mean any girl would fall for that."

"Yeah, including you."

"Well, obviously. I'm just saying, you can have any girl you want. Go after one of them."

"I'm already going after the girl I want."

"And you had her. Now find another."

He sighed, clicking his tongue.

"I don't want to."

"I-," she stuttered. "Well I want you to."

"Do you really?" He asked, buttoning his shirt. Aven did her best to ignore the lipstick stain she'd left behind on the collar of the white button-down. "Are you telling me that you would be completely fine if you came back to the common room one day and saw me sprawled out naked on this same couch with Astoria Greengrass?"

Aven clenched her fists, assuring herself it was the idea of him being with her that pissed her off. Anyone but her.

"Yes."

"Really?" He asked, a bored, vindictive smile on his face. "Well, let me say this. If it were me, and I found you right here with anyone else, then we'd have a problem. Because I don't share."

"Just because we fucked doesn't mean I'm suddenly yours. You don't get to have some territorial claim on me just because you've seen me naked," Aven hissed, the words leaving a sour taste on her tongue.