ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

(ᴄʜᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ)

Aven was staring at the canopy above her bed, the silk rustling from the cracked window to her left, when she heard the door gently open. Due to her lack of sleep, she'd heard all her doormates arrive much earlier for bed.

Skeptical of who'd be entering their room this late at night, she perked up, resting against her elbows as she located her wand from beneath her pillow. Footsteps, soft and skittish, neared her bed, and she tightened her grip, raising it towards edge of the bed, staring where the curtains would part.

A pale hand slithered through, wrapping around the velvet material, and extremely slowly, almost painfully so, yanked back the barrier. Aven opened her mouth to fire off a spell, but stopped suddenly, staring at the wide eyes looking back at her.

"What are you doing here?"

She let out a breath and lowered her wand, waiting for an explanation; then she remembered the loose, long sleeve v-neck she'd worn to bed, one of which had gotten tangled and pulled as she'd struggled to grasp sleep, exposing the upper-half of her cleavage.

"Uh......"

Clearly Theo had noticed, as his eyes moved rapidly from her shirt, to her eyes, averted the space behind her head, and back to her chest again. He was frozen, acting as though he was a deer caught in headlights. Aven rolled her eyes and yanked the hem of her shirt back up, prompting Theo quietly clear his throat, adjusting the collar of his jumper.

"Good morning," he said nervously. "Would you come with me, please?"

"For?"

At this he grinned.

"Can't you ever just trust me? If I was going to murder you, I wouldn't have opened with good morning."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "It's three in the morning, Theo. What could you possibly have to show me."

He wiggled his brows. "Depends on what you'd like to see."

She scoffed, sitting up right. He leaned against the banister of her bed, crossing his arms. His hair was mused, as if he'd gone to sleep and woken not long ago, then proceeded to run his fingers through it in a failed attempt to smoothen it down. Shadows marked the skin beneath his eyes, and his jumper was stretched just enough across his chest for her to make out the lines of his arms, and the indent of his collarbones peeled out from above his shirt. He stood bright in the room, the only light offered being the moon, yet it was enough to make him appear as if he were glowing.

"How long will this take?" She asked impatiently, still not bother to get out of bed.

"Don't worry about that. Just throw on a jacket and some shoes. Meet me in the common room in ten."