ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ᴛᴏᴍ ᴍᴀʀᴠᴏʟᴏ ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇ)

'Let me out'

Aven traced the words with her thumb, paper crinkling beneath her thumb delicately in response to the motion. The past few days had been a whirlwind of emotions, and she hadn't had much time to dwell on this note. Between Draco's disastrous plans, Halloween and the cabinet, she feels as though she's been skinned alive. Her hand had acquired blisters from holding her wand for so long and using various spells, her hair brittle and greasy from her lack of self care.

Her foot tapped against the carpeted ground, her bottom lip caught between her teeth as her chin dug into her palm. She crouched down towards the crate of Daily Prophets, paper after paper folded and safely tucked with the others, a large stack having accumulated over the years. Aven sifted through them, water stains and ink smears spilt on a few. The farther she went down the stack, the more dust that flew into the air.

She paused as she grasped a tear-splotted paper, yanking it from the stack.

𝟷𝟿𝟺8, 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙸𝚗𝚔𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐

The last time August Inkling, fourth year Gryffindor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, had been seen alive was while engaging a conversation with Tom Marvolo Riddle. This claim has been back up by several students who admit to having seen the two brawl.

Young Augustus appears to have been missing for seventy-two hours at this current point. Students, Professors, and Centaurs have been interrogated, but the investigation reigns on. Perhaps Albus Dumbledore should keep a better eye on his students, now more than ever.

Below the description was a moving photograph of August Inkling and his parents, the three of them smiling widely as they stood in a crowd at King Cross Station. Aven's eyes glued to the boys face, brows furrowing. She jumped back towards the historic pile of papers, moving down the stack to find the next few associated with the one she'd just read.

       𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟿, 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛
                            𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 D𝐞𝐚𝐝

  August Inkling, a fourth year student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, was located this morning, deceased, a year later after having been reported as missing. Albus Dumbledore has temporarily left the country, inspecting the means of this tragedy at the site his body had been found.

Fourteen year-old August was found in a chained cabinet located in Netherlands, and reports clarify that he was dead long before his body was recovered. Aurors have said he looks to have been dead for a year, meaning he had been murdered around the date he'd been proclaimed missing. Cause of death was suffocation, most likely due to lack of oxygen in the cabinet. While there are rumors of the specific cabinet being a vanishing cabinet, nothing has been confirmed by the ministry. Although, if rumors are true, is there a murderer in Hogwarts? Tom Riddle's alibi had come through, therefore due to lack of evidence, this case has been temporarily put on cold.