ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ ɪɴᴛᴇɴᴛ)

It was a boring morning when a grand owl, large in size and gray in color, swooped low and dived between plates of breakfast foods. He paused for nothing but a second, releasing his talons in a way that scraped against the tablecloth as a crisp letter dropped before her.

Aven recognized it instantly- as did everyone else. This specific owl stood out amongst the flock of others. It was the Malfoy owl.

As the Great Hall cleared and message carriers dispersed through the opened windows above, Aven peered down curiously upon the mail she'd received.

Draco stared down at it in surprise, eyes flickering between herself and the letter. He hasn't even gotten mail, therefore he was far more intrigued as to what his family would want with her, and as was Aven.

"What's the meaning of this?" Draco queried. His question gained the attention of Adrien, who scooted close enough to practically sit in the blonde boy.

"Letters of affection from secret admirers, you scandalous women?" He playfully asked, earning a shove back from Draco.

Aven ignored him, running her fingers over the smooth crevices. "Malfoy? Any clue as to why I'm reviving stationary from your mother?"

"Better his mother than his father," Adrien muttered, earning a quite dark glare from Draco.

Draco turned back to Aven. "Well? Open it."

"But what if it's private?" Adrien butted in her again. "What if it's about lady business."

"As if you know anything of lady business," Aven retorted, slipping her fingernails beneath the crease, prying the paper open. Without meaning to, the parchment ripped, a gently tear on the exterior.

Draco sat up to read over the edge, but Aven leant back, hearing him huff in annoyance. She ignored his pity-party and began to read, drinking in the words.

Ms. Selwyn,

While I apologize for this untimely inconvenience on your behalf, I formally write to you to inform you that your presence is demanded this Christmas. While your father is too unwell to write, I've taken it upon myself to bring you to the awareness that absence will not go dismissed. Have a lovely holiday with your father, Ms. Selwyn, as he has requested I ensure your safe travels home. I'm sure I will be seeing you quite soon.

Respectfully,
Narcissa Malfoy

Aven swallowed, throat dry. She'd never been asked home over holiday before now. Her parents gave her the choice of staying or returning home for a week, but she'd often chose to stay at Hogwarts, where she was far more comfortable.