26

Draco leans against the sinks, Myrtle behind him. Behind them both the door opens a crack and Harry can be glimpsed, but this is silent and neither one notices. Draco is as miserable as he's ever looked. His eyes are red and he is staring down into the basin. He looks up, choking up. His breath stops when he sees Harry in the mirror. He whirls as Myrtle leaps out of the way. For a moment they stand fixed, then Draco goes for his wand and Harry does as well.

"Reducto"

"Expelliarmus!"

Both duck out of the way of both blasts. A sink explodes and water shoots everywhere. Myrtle shrieks.

"Levicorpus!" - Harry

"Locomotor Mortis!"

Draco avoids the first spell but Harry catches part of Draco's. He falls. Draco casts again.

"Cru-"

"Sectumsempra"

The spell slices into Draco. He falls back as blood spurts everywhere. Harry is horrified. Myrtle screams again. Erin is looking for Draco everywhere because they got into fight earlier, she said something that hurts Draco's feeling when she saw Harry at the boys bathroom she shoved Harry and kneel to side of draco.

"Murder! Murder! Murder in the bathroom! Murder!" Myrtle scream

Myrtle's "Murder in the bathroom! Murder!" echoes. Students look about for the direction the cry is coming from. Malfoy's hands scrabble at his bleeding chest. Harry is on his knees next to him in utter terror, trying to do something with his own hands but having no idea what to do.

"No draco please don't die I love you so much don't leave me. What have you done Potter?? I'm going to kill you!"

"I didn't--I didn't mean--!"

Erin choked harry her eyes is full anger and pain her grip on his neck gave a bruise her nail is sinking in. The door is flung back and Snape stalks in. He stops short when he sees Draco. He and Harry exchange a terrible moment, then Snape drops beside Draco, pulling out his wand and muttering an incantation over him. Light travels over Draco's wounds and blood visibly slows.

"I must get you to the infirmary. If you take dittany you might minimize scarring. Mrs. Malfoy let go of Harry in an instant, your husband needs you the most."

His voice is faint she's really mad, her blood is a boiling hell fire.

"Erin Nyx Malfoy let him go in an instant or you'll get in trouble too?" Snape said

"She's mad professor let me help. Erin wife, please." Draco touched her that awakened her from madness

"I didn't know. I didn't know what that spell did."

"Potter. Where did you learn that spell."

"A...a book. A library book."

"Liar."

"Bring me every one of your schoolbooks, Potter. Bring them to me in the infirmary."

He shoulders past Harry with Draco who's grabbing Erin. Harry sits there fixed, then he gets to his feet and runs. Harry comes to a panting stop just inside the infirmary. Pomfrey attends to Draco, who looks in a bad way but alive. Snape is near and whirls on Harry as he comes in. Harry, still panting, holds up the bookbag. Snape takes it, pulls out the books one by one, throwing them aside in angry disgust until he comes to the Potions book. He looks at it. Opens it. Snaps it shut.

"This is your copy of Advanced Potions-Making, is it, Potter?"

"Yes"

"Liar"

"Don't call me liar! Don't you call me liar!"

Erin got back with Snape's old book and slapped it on Harry's face

"There! You fucking murderer!"

"How did you get this?" Harry is so shocked

"I followed you at room of requirements!"

"You're nearly a murderer as well, Potter. I think I have the perfect punishment for you."

"No! I want him to be in azkaban! Right now!!! Or I'll kill him."

"Calm down Mrs. Malfoy, you're not in right state of mind."

"I'm at my right state of mind you saw what he did to my husband!!!"