decided

As i was getting closer to the thing I noticed that this was upper 6, the weakest of the upper moon demons.

And even then he had the guts to do that to Shinobu.

"You are underestimating me Giyuu Tomioka, I killed 13 hashira before you!" he had this ugly smirk on his face as I remained calm and simply said "Looks like you're underestimating me"

"Water breathing sixth form: Whirlpool!" I twisted my body creating a water whirlpool cutting the cloths coming my way. the way they bled after being cut proves that they were a part of a demon's body.

I didn't hesitate to continue the battle, the demon created sickles all over its body to protect itself from my sword.

After both getting out of the tree and continuing the battle on the ground Shinobu joined us.

"Joining the battle sweetie?" the thing asked on a flirty way.

"shut it" I said as I pierced my blade trough its ribs, it didn't defend itself since Shinobu was also fighting it and it had more attention for her than me. I pulled my katana out on a way that his whole body ripped open.

As the demon was already regenerating Shinobu injected a poison, I knew that this poison wouldn't hold it for long so I got ready to cut its head off.

"Water breathing first form: Water Surface Slash!" a wave of water followed my blade as I slashed it right trough its neck, its head fell on the ground but the body stayed straight up.

I heard a sound coming from the head, it sounded like a giggle. "Do you really think you can kill me that easily" the body turned around and put its head back on.

I didn't think it would be that easy but how are we supposed to kill it then?

"Where is Daki, Gyutaro" Shinobu pierced her blade back into the body

The demon groaned "Like I said, she's taking a beauty sleep" the demon smiled, or something like it and wanted to caress Shinobu's cheek

I immediately cut its hand off but it regenerated quickly "Don't touch her." I answered with a frown.

The demon looked at me and dropped his smile "I don't like you, Giyuu Tomioka" it straightened its back since it bowed down a little to talk to Shinobu. It looked like it was about to attack but Shinobu stabbed him again.

"I don't know how much of this poison you can take Gyutaro, and you know what happens to your sister if you die. I asked you a question, where is she." Shinobu repeated.

"I don't know" He chuckled as he looked up, when I turned around to look I saw the same cloths coming for me earlier going towards Shinobu, I couldn't push her away or save her I just watched as the cloths pierced trough her body.

A somewhat beautiful female demon jumped down from the trees as the other demon backed up. I wanted to run towards Shinobu but Gyutaro took her with him.

I looked back at the female demon but didn't see anything, I turned my head and saw that she had Shinobu in her arms now since she's not fighting she must be the core of them.

I know Shinobu's life is danger right now but I can't do anything if these two are around, I have to save her first so "Water breathing third form: Flowing Dance" I start running and slashed Gyutaro in half in the process, I know that he'll regenerate but he's not my main focus.

His sister is weaker, he's protecting her, she's the core. I slashed her arms and took Shinobu from her. I felt blood running over my arms and started to worry.. what if she doesn't make it..

I put her down next to a tree and charge back at Daki "Water breathing fourth form: Striking Tide" I slashed her arms and cut her ankles what made her fall on her knees she has three eyes, and Gyutaro only has one..

The one in the middle from her head says upper 6, so say the other two of her eyes..I had to think quick and stabbed my sword right trough the third eye.

I heard Gyutaro yell no from behind me and smirked as I pulled my sword back and saw the demon burning away. I looked over at Gyutaro and he still hadn't fully regenerated.. Shinobu's poison got him good.

"I don't like you, Giyuu Tomioka. You hurt my sister and I can't forgive you for that" He said angrily as he regenerated his legs and arms.

"Blood demon art: Flying Blood Sickles" He pulled ruby red sickles from his chest dripping in blood. Right before he threw them not towards me but towards Shinobu I saw him smirking.

I sprinted towards Shinobu and jumped against a tree. I used my blade to push the sickles to an other side since I'm not sure if I'd be able to cut trough them. The sickles quickly turned back and came my way. "Water breathing sixth form: Whirpool" The sickles were now in my control and cut them in half as they were stuck in the flow of the water.

I observed Gyutaro as the fight went on, trying to find his weak spot.
I knew I had to hurry because Shinobu was hurt but I couldn't rush it because that could mean my death.

As I got a closer look I noticed the sickly demon had a somewhat healthy part of skin around his ribs, my theory? His heart is in his head and his brain in this ribcage.

All I have to do is cut trough the brain. This wouldn't be a hard task if I hadn't been running around for a solid 6 hours. Shinobu's extra energy is starting to wear off as well.

I saw the next attack coming in and I didn't know where to go, I saw my life flash in front of my eyes and felt ready to die. I can't live without her anyway.

I was waiting for the hit, but it never came. As I opened my eyes I was Shinobu standing over the burning body of Gyotaro. She cut his brain, cut his body in two with her tiny sword...I didn't know it was possible but she did it.

She looked up to me and fell down as I saw a faint smile on her face. She had passed out.

I exhaled deeply and ran towards Shinobu.. I threw my sword on the ground and fell on my knees..I was exhausted from the battle, there was no way I could get her to head quarters or some kind of help in my state.. I crawled towards her and pulled her in my arms "Shinobu" I whispered.

I noticed all the blood on her haori and her shallow breathing, she's still alive at least.

"Giyuu" she mumbled and coughed up blood.

I started crying and kissed her forehead "No, no you stay quiet it's ok darling.. it's going to be okay"

I looked her in her eyes and she gave me that soft smile again, "I love you" she said softly and closed her eyes, she opened them again after a while and put her hand on my cheek "Did I ever tell you that, you have no friends" I noticed that it was hard for her to talk but I couldn't help and chuckle a bit "That's not nice of you to say" she blinked slowly and I noticed the light from her eyes fading. "Thank everyone from the corps for me, and tell Mitsuri I love her" she said and sighed. the light had completely faded now.

"No, no no no Shinobu, stay with me.. hey" I shook her shoulders and softly slapped her cheek. "Shinobu come on, stay with me" I checked her pulse and didn't feel anything.

"no!" I yelled and started giving a heart massage "Come on baby wake up" tears were falling on my hand, mixing with the blood that was already there. "I won't let you die you hear me!" I hit her chest multiple times hoping to get life back into her.

After 30 minutes trying to bring her back, I gave up. I put my head on her chest not hearing the heart I stole and held her already cold hand, I didn't feel the familiar warmth anymore, and only smelled dirt and blood. my beloved Shinobu had died.

After that I passed out from exhaustion.

------------

right, i come back and made it real depressing

im sorry uh

i promise ill make it up to you!

new chapter coming soon, maybe later today <3