sacrifice

I can't deny the fact that I've always had some sort of affection towards Kochou. What can you expect, she's the only one who likes me in some way.

I don't understand though, since nee-san and Sabito died I stopped trying to get close to people or make friends. I didn't want to because everyone who did died during a sacrifice, A sacrifice to save me, protect me. The only reason that I haven't given up is because I promised Sabito that I'd fight.

Yet Kochou saw trough my harsh words and still managed to like me. She's one tough, beautiful woman.

!flashback to five months ago!

It was winter and cold. We, demon slayers don't like winter because demons have more time to fight. Muzan had sent upper moon 3 and 4 to bring down the hashira's and he almost did.

The fight was very long and tiring, Shinazugawa got badly injured and Iguro broke his leg and multiple ribs while protecting Kanroji.

Kanroji, Iguro and myself dealt with upper 3. We defeated it but I passed out because of exhaustion, Iguro and Kanroji went to help the others.

Shinazugawa and Tokitou were handling upper 4 and Tokitou almost lost his life. Iguro was able to kill the demon just before it was about to puncture him.

Gyomei and Uzui weren't there Shinobu had been gone for a couple days, she had to fetch more supplies for Tamayo-san who was busy finding a cure to turn Nezuko back into a human.

I was relieved that she wasn't there because I didn't want her to be in danger.

But so, I passed out. when everyone thought the battle was over they lost concentration. They were celebrating while the kakushi were fixing them up.

As I was still waking up I got flashed with the worst image of my whole life Kochou, my beloved Kochou was killed by upper 2 but that's not all because when I looked closely I saw that he was not just eating her but absorbing her, taking all her power into him.

I tried to attack the demon with my tired body but it was too late, she was already gone. The others were drawn by the commotion and didn't hesitate to start attacking.

Tokitou and Kanroji worked together to beat him while the others played to distract him. I just sat there, staring in front of me, not believing what I just saw.

The others managed to kill the demon and bury what was left of Kochou.

When everything was cleaned up Kanroji walked up to me and handed me Kochou's hair clip.

"I think you need it more than me" she spoke softly and smiled, i saw that she had been crying her eyes were swollen and red streaks were visible on her cheeks.

I didn't cry, at least not when people were around. I put the hair clip next to a photo of me and my sister.

I smiled at the thought of their similarities, they probably would've gotten along pretty good.

I buried my face in my hands and sobbed softly and again someone dear to me died trying to protect me.

If I had woken up three minutes earlier Kochou wouldn't be dead right now.

I'm just a burden to this world.

(flashback during a flashback wow confusing)

*slap sound idk* "Don't say that you'd be better off dying ever again. If you do, you and I are done. We'll stop being friends."

yes, I know, I'm sorry Sabito I won't give up our friendship.

"Tomioka-san?" did I just hear someone saying my name?

"Tomioka-san, wake up"

"Sabito? Kochou? nee-san!" I started yelling and

woke up with a gasp, Tamayo-san checked my pulse and put a cold towel on my head.

"You're okay, you were dreaming it's alright" She gave me a soft smile.

————

next chapter coming soon since this was just a little backstory!
author-san out!