dream

When i woke up it was already morning.
I was still laying on Shinobu's cold dead body as the sun highlighted her face. Even without a smile or a flush on her cheeks she still looked like the prettiest girl in the world.

I thought about how i was going to handle this situation, take her back to the corps?
I'd have to walk trough towns if that's the case or I won't be back before dawn.
I could bury her here but that feels unrespectful towards her and her family.

After patching up my wounds and thinking about it I decided to bring her back to the corps. I'll wrap her in her haori and run around the towns to avoid people as much as possible.

As soon as everything was ready i left. It felt horrible to hold Shinobu like this, but it was for the best. I didn't cry on the way home because i had to focus on my running.

When i arrived an hour after dawn I looked at the gates and took a deep breath. I walked inside and asked the master to come outside.
I gently laid Shinobu on the pebbles and bowed with tears swelling in my eyes.

"What happened Giyuu." the master asked with a soft, calm voice.

"Upper moon 6 killed her. She was trying to protect me and i failed to protect her again." i said softly sobbing. "She even killed the demon with her last breath because i was in danger" i added, tears falling on my hands and rolling down my cheeks.

"Giyuu, you did a great job" the master said and smiled, I looked up as the kakushi were picking up Shinobu. They left her haori and her hair clip, this reminds me of the first time way too much.

"Giyuu, please go and rest you had a long and hard day." he came up to me and stroked my hair.

The gesture made me feel better, my body felt lighter and I wasn't in pain anymore. Not physically anyway.

I stood up and bowed then picked up the hair clip and haori and left.

As soon as i was out of the master sight i broke down, i fell to my knees and hugged the haori with the butterfly pattern.

I felt an arm around my shoulders as someone sproke "What's wrong Giyuu-san" my heart broke as I saw Kanroji hugging me.

"Where's Shinobu-san? Why do you have her haori?" she asked as she took it from my hands.

"She loves you very much" I gave her a soft smile and got up. I took the haori and made a small bow.

As I started walking I noticed Kanroji looking down and wiping her eyes, I guess she understood the message.

When i arrived at my mansion i put the hair clip back where it was, next to the picture of my sister.

i dropped myself on my bed and felt tears welling up in my eyes again.

I don't remember much after that. I probably fell asleep.

As i was sleeping i relived Shinobu's death over and over again, how she died protecting me, how she smiled at me when she slashed the demon and how she took her last breath on a cold forest ground.

"Giyuu!" I heard her voice calling my name, it doesn't matter she's not here anymore.

"Giyuu!!" I heard it again and woke up with a gasp, I sat up and felt sweat running down my face, Shinobu wasn't next to me in bed and she wasn't ever going to be again.

I get up to eat breakfast and smell eggs and bacon "Hello?" I call out, grabbing my katana thinking someone broke in.

As i enter the kitchen i see a petite girl dancing, she's baking eggs and has her purple hair in a messy bun. I notice that she's wearing one off my shirts.

"Shinobu?" I say softly not sure if i can trust what i'm seeing.

My favorite person in the world turns around with a huge smile on her face "Good morning, Giyuu! Oh my, you look horrible are you alright?" she runs up to me and puts her hand on my forehead "Oh darling you're burning up! let's sit down for a second" she guides me to the couch and gently pushes me down.

"Are you really here?" I ask in disbelieve as i grab her arm when she was walking away.

"Of course i am silly, let me go i gotta go grab a wet towel for your fever." I let her go and she goes back to the kitchen.

Realization kicks in as i remember what happened the last couple of days, Shinobu didn't die and never turned into a demon, we were just here. We both retired after i turned 25.
All of it was a dream, I chuckle in relief and walk up to Shinobu.

"What are you doing, sit back down" She says with a stern voice as she frowns. I don't listen to what she says and hug her. The dream felt so damn real "I love you so much, please don't ever leave me again." I say sobbing quietly. 

Shinobu sighs "What are you talking about idiot, i never left you."  I smile, pull back and look into her beautiful dark purple eyes. "You're so cute" i say as i lean in to kiss her.

This can never happen for real, I love her too much.

----------------------

GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP 
for the future obanai x mitsuri fanfic would y'all like an enemies to lovers, a slow burn or if you have any other ideas?