eighteen. pressure test and triggers

third person.

LUNA AND THEO ARE the last to arrive to the animal clinic. The two of them decided they both needed a shower, so she took a shower in her room while he took one in Charlie's. She offered him to shower with her to save water, but Theo laughed as if she was joking. Luna was not, but it was probably best. She didn't want to push him too far. He changed into some of the clothes that were in the back of his truck while Luna was thankful that she didn't pack too many of her clothes for her trip. She still didn't know what happened to her bike or everything that was with it.

With a packed bag, her and Theo were back in his truck taking back roads and alleys to get to the animal clinic. They parked in an abandoned alley two blocks down and pulled their hoods up as they made their way there. Scott had texted Luna to let her know the back door would be open.

When they open the door, she hears someone's voice ask, "Who else is coming?"

Luna sees Corey right away and his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Her mouth drops in surprise. The two meet in the middle as they embrace each other. Corey lifts her off the ground and squeezes her tightly.

"Hey, kid," Luna greets. "Did you get taller?"

He laughs and shakes his head as he lets her go. "Why didn't anyone tell me you were back?"

Luna looks around and sees that Lydia is recording their reunion on her phone. The others are smiling at them as they chat.

"I think it's because they wanted to surprise us. Where's Mason?"

"Hopefully at school," he answers. "We had to make him believe we left. I'm getting ready to go get him now. He should be in his math class."

Corey stands there looking at her with a big smile on his face.

Luna laughs and asks, "Well? What are you waiting for?"

A flash of realization crosses his face as he says, "Oh, right. I'll be back."

He heads out the back door, disappearing before he's even out the door. Luna shakes her head and turns to the others. Theo has taken to leaning against the brick wall while the rest of them are around the examination table. She makes her way around the table to stand next to Theo, patting everyone else on the back while she does.

"I take it since it's only you and Theo, you told your brothers to leave?" Scott asks, leaning against the table with his hands.

Luna sighs and says, "Yeah, I just didn't want to take the chance with them."

"And they just listened to you?" Malia asks.

Luna glances at Theo, and he's already watching her.

"It took a little convincing." She shrugs as if it's no big deal.

"I know that must've been hard for you," Lydia says. "It's probably for the best."

They share a smile as Luna leans back against the brick wall with Theo. She looks to Liam who shares the same smile before she turns to Scott. He has a knowing, sad smile as he eyes her. Like he knew what happened. The longer she returns his stare the more pieces start to connect together. Last night in the Sheriff's station, Scott said they had a lot to talk about. Now, he is looking at her like he knows what she had to do to get her brothers to leave. But how could he? He couldn't read her mind. He couldn't just know. Especially when the Beta and Alpha relationship between them has broken.

It clicks in her mind.

"You know," Luna states. Her shoulders drop in realization. Scott smiles and nods. "Because the connection broke."