twenty-three. the alpha beast of beacon hills

third person

LUNA EXPLAINED HER PLAN to Charlie, Jonah, and Asher as Theo listened outside. It wasn't her intention for Theo to know the plan; for some reason, she forgot he could listen through the walls like they did the night Scott and Stiles had the misunderstanding about Donovan. Theo didn't have a problem with what she wanted to do, he just didn't know why he wasn't included. He waited outside for ten minutes before the Louve pack came out of the building. The brothers looked determined and focused as they climbed into their truck. Luna was already getting used to the cane. Theo could tell as she moved more swiftly towards him.

Now, Luna climbs into Theo's truck, which is slightly tricky with the instability in her ankle not being able to pull her up. She notices the hat on Theo's head and can't remember the last time she saw him in one. Just as the boys start their truck, a thought crosses her mind. She reaches over and honks the horn.

"Do you still have the gun?" Luna asks Theo. She rolls the window down as he reaches into the backseat to grab his bag. Charlie pulls up next to them and lines the passenger windows up. Jonah rolls his window down. Luna says to Jonah, "I need you to hold onto something."

Theo places the gun in her outstretched hand, and she passes it through her window to Jonah who's holding his arm out of his window.

"What's this for?" Jonah asks as he brings the gun inside the truck. He studies it for a moment before passing it to Charlie, believing he is the intended person the gun is for.

Luna warns them, "Do not use it. That's what Monroe used to shoot me. Keep it somewhere safe and don't let anyone get a hold of it." Charlie and Jonah nod. "Be careful."

After Luna rolls her window back up, Theo drives out of the parking lot and heads for the hospital. Liam, Mason, and Corey won't be much against an army of armed so-called Hunters. As long as the army knows how to point and shoot, their supernatural abilities won't stand a chance. Luna can feel the scar through her pants and tries not to worry about it. Theo notices her fidgeting and holds her free hand, rubbing his thumb against her skin. She squeezes his hand in appreciation.

"You sure you can do this?" Theo asks, avoiding the subject of her other plans. If she didn't know better, Luna would've thought he was trying to convince her to stay out of the fight. But she does know better and knows he's making sure she believes she can help her friends. Luna stops rubbing the scar and holds Theo's hand in between hers.

"As long as I can still shift, I'll be fine," Luna responds. Doubt is a werewolf's worst enemy.

Theo doesn't change his expression and his voice is even as he says, "You can still shift. One bullet can't change that."

His support is all she needs to keep her optimism. She didn't instantaneously start shifting back to her human form when she was shot, and the pain triggered her shift, not the bullet. Pain makes you human. Luna wouldn't go in if her being there didn't help her friends.

"What really won't help is if they recognize us when we go in."

Luna tilts her head as she stares at her boyfriend.

"You're talking about my hair, aren't you?"

Theo shrugs.

"Hey, personally, I love it. But it doesn't really blend in."

Luna laughs and reaches into the back to grab her bag. Her hand finds a side pocket where she stored a few hair ties and reaches up to pull her hair up into a ponytail. The blue hair is the longest she's ever let it grow. A black jacket with a hood will cover the color well enough. She pulls the hood up in time as Theo parks on the street a block away from the hospital. With the bullet holes, his truck is way too recognizable. The two get out and head to the back entrance of the building. The cane is their biggest disguise because the Hunters are keeping an eye out for supernatural beings. Their ideas of a disabled werewolf started and ended with Deucalion. Theo and Luna made it to the elevator without any hiccups. They kept their covers on even after they closed the elevator doors.