seven. ghosted and heartless

Luna

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?  Have you not been here the last three and a half months?  Did you even think?"  All of the emotions were coming out in my words, sounding like my lungs were filled with fluid.  My hands go to my head, threading through my hair on either side of my temples.  I turn around to go back into the kitchen, and Theo's still standing there a smirk on his face as he sees me again.  I round on Liam again.  "He's actually here.  Holy shit."

I drop in the single chair in Scott's living room, but then I remember how Theo and I had shared it and I move.  Sitting on the couch, my hands are still in my hair as I lean my elbows on my knees.  My breathing is heavy as Theo being back and Rosa being dead just hits me like a hammer against my heart.  The bridge of my nose pinches, and I can feel the tears pooling in my eyes.  My shoulders shake.

"Luna, we thought he could help us-" Liam begins.

"Theo?" I yell and point to the kitchen.  "Help?  Hah!"

"He remembers Stiles," Hayden says.

I ignore her as I try to hide the tears that made it through and are dribbling down my chin.

"Why tonight?" I whisper to myself.  "Why?  After what Charlie said, I can't-"

"After what Charlie said?  What do you mean, Luna?  What'd he say?" Liam asks, sitting next to me.

He puts his hand on my back, but I stand up away from him.

"I can't tell you.  You just can't help me with this.  You don't know her.  You-"

My head shakes and I start to pace.  The heaviness in my chest and the weight on my shoulders make me feel like I'm about to have a mental break down.  My feet carry me into the kitchen where I go to head to the sink, but the smell of chocolate and whipped cream fills my nose.  There's a single coffee mug on the island with whipped cream and chocolate chips piled on top.  I sniff around for Corey's scent and listen for another heart rate, but the only other heart beating in the kitchen is Theo's.  My eyes find his and I find him sucking off the chocolate on his thumb.  He stares me down as he does this, then crosses his arms over his chest and leans against the counter.  My hands grab the mug and I sit down at the dining room room table without another glance at him.  The hot chocolate warms my hands and soothes my throat as I drink it.

Liam and Hayden carefully step into the kitchen, avoiding making eye contact with me.  The two of them reminding me of scolded children trying not to provoke their mom into biting their heads off.  Theo stands near the fridge facing towards Liam across the island, and Hayden stands in my line of vision of Theo.  The three of them barely had time to speak before the sound of someone walking in from the front door made them turn to look.  I could see Scott tilt his head at my presence and the hot chocolate in my hands.  He could clearly smell the sorrow and angst in my chemosignals, it was obvious.  But then he steps in the doorway of the dining room and kitchen and he sets his eyes on Theo.  His chest starts to heave as he tries to control his anger.

Theo glances at Liam before saying, "Somehow I don't think we're gonna hug this out."

Scott takes a shaky breath and says, "I hope you realize it's taking all of my strength to not tear you in half right now."

Malia steps in from the back door just in the nick of time.  I merely glance at her before turning back to my hot chocolate.  I was already dealing with my own shit and didn't need to feel all of their feelings along with it.  Malia makes her presence known to Theo by growling.

"Hey, Malia.  You aren't still upset about the whole shooting thing, are you?" Theo asks, nervously.

I turn just in time to watch Malia's eyes turn blue and for her to roar at him.  She tackles Theo to the ground and starts to pound her fists into his face.  After the second punch, Theo starts to bleed from his nose.  He doesn't even try to block the punches raining down on him repeatedly.