eleven. blitzkrieg

Luna

"SO WE SHOULD STAY here.  Is that what you're thinking?" Hayden asks after glancing outside through the blinds.  She walks past us—I'm sitting next to Mason who's sitting next to Liam—and takes a seat next to Liam.  After speaking with Theo earlier, I found that Mason and Hayden had arrived after no luck of finding Corey.  However, they did find his phone which meant he wasn't dead just taken.  It meant that we still had a chance of getting him back.

Liam answers, "It doesn't matter where we are.  We still need to figure out how to fight them."

"No one can fight them," Hayden decides.

The four of us turn our heads to the left as Theo speaks up from his cell, "Douglas can."

He's standing there staring at us with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Does he need to stay in there?" Mason questions.

Hayden replies, "He's still Theo."

"And it's funny," I add.

Theo places his arms up on the bars and leans on them before saying, "Theo saved Scott.  Remember?"

"He can still hear you," Mason concludes.

Hayden sighs, "Then he can hear me say he needs to shut up so we can figure out how to fight the Ghost Riders."

"You don't need to figure it out," Theo tells us.

Liam interjects, "Because Douglas already did."

"If he knew how to fight them, then he might know everything about them," Hayden states.

"And guess who knows all about Mr. Douglas."

All of our heads reluctantly turn to stare at Theo as he steps away from the cell bars.

"I hate it when he acts like he has all the answers," I mutter.

Mason chuckles and says, "It's because he always has the answers we need at the moment."

"How are we going to get him to tell us what he knows?" Liam asks.

I ponder for only a second before I throw out my idea, "I could flash him my boobs."  The three teenagers snap their heads in my direction.  Mason's eyes are wide with shock, Liam is glaring at me, and Hayden seems to be debating it.  I hear Theo laugh loudly before I tell them, "Guys, I was joking.  Unless that would work?"

I say the last part louder to let Theo know I was talking to him.

"No," Theo answers.

"Okay, then I was completely joking."

Mason shakes his head with his eyes closed to dismiss everything that I just said and turns to Liam to say, "How about I try negotiating with them and we'll go from there."

Mason must've thought Theo's demands were going to be simple, but as soon as he hears it he says, "That's never going to happen.  We're not making that deal."

Theo's taken a seat and leans forward with his elbows on his knees and counters, "I hold all the cards."

"You're locked in a jail cell.  You have no cards."

"You want me to tell you about Douglas.  Break the sword."

Mason opens his mouth as if to say something more to him, but he turns around and asks, "Does anyone else want to do the negotiating?"

Liam and Theo make eye contact and Theo repeats, "Break the sword."

Liam and I are leaning against the counter as Hayden and Mason stand near the cell.