ten. blitzkrieg

Luna

AFTER SEARCHING THROUGH THE Preserve half the night for Corey, no one has found him yet. Mason calls the group and Liam, Theo, and I are closer to him to meet where he's at. When the three of us get to him, we see him staring down at the ground with tears streaming down his face. I glance around, up in the trees and around the ground, hoping to find Corey knocked unconscious close by. I don't see him anywhere, and I realize what must've happened. A pinch in my nose starts the waterworks as my hands move to my mouth. I shake my head to deny the fact, but as soon as Mason nods I know it to be true. Stepping over to him, I wrap my arms around his shoulder and he clutches at my jacket. Both of us are crying into each others shoulders as we think about Corey and where he's at now.

The need to stop the Ghost Riders intensifies throughout my body in that moment and I let go of Mason to dry my tears. Instead, each hand goes on either of Mason's shoulders.

"Alright, Mason," I say as he continues crying, staring down at the ground. My fingers softly push his chin up so he's staring me directly in the eye. "We're going to figure this out and we're going to get him back. Not only that, we're gonna show these motherfuckers not to mess with Beacon Hills. You got me?"

Mason nods, but he continues to cry and my heart aches for not only him but Corey. They deserve nothing more than to go to college together and to only worry about studying for finals. Corey himself has been through so much from dying to putting up with Theo and his dictating pack. He was thrown into this world, along with Mason, of werewolves and other supernatural beings. Neither of them asked for this, but here they were being separated due to some creepy cowboys who deleted people from the world with the crack of their whips or the bang of their guns.

Liam takes my place in comforting Mason as I step away to call the others again. I explain over the phone that neither of us four have found Corey yet and we should all meet at where the cars are parked. A sad silence encloses all of us as the sun rises in the east and peaks through the trees. My cheeks are warm from the amount of crying I've done. Mason has yet to stop completely, but the flow is still trickling down slowly.

"So, what's the plan now?" Theo asks, being the first one to break the silence.

I sigh and answer first, "I've gotta go check on Charlie. Make sure he's alright."

"Are you going to talk to him about whatever it is you haven't told us?" Liam asks. I flash a sad smile in his direction and nod.

Scott announces, "I think we should go to the Sheriff station and discuss a plan for how to get to Stiles without being whipped by the Ghost Riders."

"Mason and I will keep searching the woods. We've gotta make sure we haven't missed anything," Hayden says.

"I'll go with Scott. One of the cells should be able to hold Theo until we decide what to do," Liam states causing Theo to roll his eyes.

He says, "That's completely unnecessary. How about I go with Luna to talk with her brother? She'll bring me when she heads over there."

I laugh, "You're Liam's problem, buddy. Not mine."

"Thanks, Luna," Liam mutters and I smile and pat him on the shoulder.

"Besides, werewolf or not, my brother wants to kill you-on second thought, maybe Theo should come with me."

Liam shoves me over, "Get out of here."

〰〰〰

I take a step into the quiet house. Within my line of vision, I guess Charlie hasn't woken up yet and head for the stairs. Each step creaks under my weight until I reach the second floor. I turn right and walk past my room to get to Charlie's and find the door wide open. Charlie's laying on his back on his bed with the blankets only partly covering him up. His shirt is off because even though he's not a werewolf, the Louve family have always kept in their body heat. I tread lightly over the carpeted floors, fully anticipating on waking him up until I catch sight of a weirdly defined scar on his chest. Part of it is covered by the blanket and in order to get a proper glance, I slowly pull the covers down far enough to see it.