thirteen. memory found

third person

"LIAM, COME ON.  WE don't have much of a lead on them," Theo states just before he's able to head inside the hospital.  He's speaking to Liam as the younger of the three stops to study the ambulance right outside the door.  An idea pops into his head, and he rips open the door to climb inside and turn on the siren.  Luna instantly knew what he was up to.

Theo, on the other hand, didn't.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Liam closed the door, and Theo tried reaching in through the window to shut it off.

"Don't!  Don't turn it off!" Liam shouts.

Luna and him push Theo away from the ambulance.  All the while Theo tries to push through them to get to it.

"You want to bring them all here?  Every single one of them?"  Theo yells as he fights them.

Liam shoves Theo back and says, "That's exactly what I want to do.  'Cause if the Ghost Riders are here, that means they're not trying to get to Scott."

"So you don't care if they get to you?" Theo asks.

"They're gonna get to all of us eventually."

Theo retorts, "You!  You're going first.  That's the only reason I'm with you.  Because while they're busy wrapping a whip around your neck, or shooting a hole in your head, I'll be running in the other direction.  I'm on your side as long as it helps me."

Fire ignites within Luna as the words spew out of Theo's mouth.  She thought something might've changed in Theo, especially because of his ability to almost confess that he loved her.  She thought he'd finally understand that these kids, her true family, mean the world to her and that maybe he'd want to help keep them safe.  Even if just for her sake.  He apologized for everything but he didn't change.  Luna thought him realizing everything he'd done wrong and done to her would've changed him, but it didn't.

"Trust me, I know," Liam tells and shoves him back.

Luna scoffs, "You still don't get it.  You apologized for everything but you're still only thinking about yourself.  I know you don't care about Scott, but Scott is one of the only chances of saving Beacon Hills.  Of saving Stiles.  Of saving everyone."

Luna shoves passed Theo, ramming into his shoulder, and through the hospital doors.  She doesn't get far when she sees the empty hallway in front of her.  The nightmares of Tara ripping her heart out flash through her mind, and her hand goes to her chest to rub the spot it had been ripped from.  Theo comes in to stand next to her and shares the same look of fear down the hallway.  It doesn't go unnoticed between the two of the shared fear, but neither of them say anything.

"Theo?" Liams calls.

He doesn't move.

"Luna?"

She doesn't move either.

Liam remembers the nightmares she told him about with Tara ripping out her heart inside the hospital.  He steps over to stand next to Luna's slightly taller frame.

"Do you see her?  Do you see Tara?"

Liam's words brings both of them out of their wandering minds.  Luna turns to Liam and shakes her head.  Theo turns to Luna with confusion written over his face.

"No, not anymore," Luna answers.

"You've seen Tara?" Theo asks but Luna ignores him.

Liam turns to Theo and asks, "Are you okay?"