twelve. memory found

third person

IT WAS DECIDED THAT Liam, Sheriff, and Luna return to the Sheriff station where Theo was.  Stilinski wants to get ahold of his deputies, but Liam is going to argue the fact that they could use Theo.  Liam's riding with Luna as Stilinski takes his own car.  When she pulls into the parking lot of the station and shuts the engine off, she stops Liam from getting out.  Luna had told the Sheriff that she'd needed to speak with Liam when they got there, so he's sitting in his car waiting.

"Hey, Liam.  I need to talk to you," Luna says.  He'd already started to get out, but at the sound of her voice he only leaves the door cracked.

Liam asks, "Right now?  The Ghost Riders could be coming any minute now."

Knowing Theo is probably listening in after hearing her truck's loud engine pull in and park, Luna tells him, "It shouldn't take but a minute.  I want to tell you about the news Charlie gave me."

Liam shuts the door of the truck to listen to her.  The news has been plaguing her for a couple of weeks, and Liam knows it's something very serious to do with her family.  Luna was right about Theo.  The moment Theo heard her truck coming down the road, he began using his werewolf hearing to listen to her.  He couldn't help but think she is only talking about this with Liam because she wants him to hear it.

Liam says cautiously, "Okay, but you don't have to if you don't want to."

"No," Luna stops him.  "I do.  I need to.  If Corey hadn't been taken, I'd tell him, too.  You're my best friends and you guys deserve to know."  Liam nods and waits patiently for her to speak again.  "You know, I have a little sister, right?  Rosa?  A couple of months ago, around the same time Stiles was taken, she tried making her way to Beacon Hills."  The same confused look she'd gotten when she heard that part of the news is on Liam's face.  "She tried to hitchhike with semi-drivers, but she only made it to the next town over.  It took them a couple of days, but my werewolf brothers and my dad were able to track her body in the middle of a desert."  Luna's voice starts to shake as she begins to think of all the things that could've been done to her before the trucker left her in the desert.  "She was naked and half-buried under the sand.  They couldn't tell it was her from her face, but scent doesn't lie.  Even if it did, they got her fingerprints checked and DNA definitely does not."

"Oh, Luna—" Liam goes to hug her but puts her hands out to stop him.

She says, "Please, don't hug me.  I'm surprisingly keeping the tears at bay, but if you hug me there won't be any stopping them."

Liam understands and settles with apologizing, "I'm so sorry, Luna.  Did they catch the guy who did it?"

Luna shakes her head and says, for Theo's sake, "No, they couldn't track his scent so they gave up."

Theo, while Luna is able to keep her tears back, lets his tears fall freely down his face.  Luna wasn't the only one he was close with.  He'd been friends with Asher, and he joined in on picking on Rosa whenever the three of them were in the mood to.  She was like a little sister to him and always sang the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song whenever he was around Luna.  When he hears the sound of car doors closing, he wipes his tears away and is left with a small pit of anger in his gut.

Liam and Luna follow Stilinski into the Sheriff station and Liam's trying to plead his case about Theo.

"Look," he says, "I'm not saying you have to like him.  I'm just saying maybe he can help us."

"Liam," Stilinski says over his shoulders as he leads the two of us to where all of the Deputy desks are sitting.  "I'll consider asking Theo for help when I don't have a station full of armed deputies to back me up."