six. ghosted

third person

SHERIFF STILINSKI SHUTS THE door behind him, having agreed to talk to Scott McCall about Stiles.

"All right," Stilinski continues their already began conversation.  "You heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced that it's the voice of-"

"Stiles," Scott finishes.  "Your son."

"Uh-huh.  And maybe it's just a random signal cross?"

Scott sighs and grabs the Jeep keys out of his back pocket, slamming them on the desk.

"Peter gave us the keys of the Jeep and it started right up.  Claudia's Jeep."

"Oh, wait, wait, so now I'm supposed to trust Peter Hale?" Sheriff's voice raising at the information.

Scott fires back, "I want you to trust me.  And Luna.  She remembers Stiles.  Stiles Stilinski.  I heard Stiles on that radio, I'm sure of it.  If you had heard it too-"

"Well, I didn't."

"Yeah, but if you had-"

"Enough, Scott!  Enough!"  Scott falls quiet at his command.  He pushes the keys back towards Scott who picks them up reluctantly and leaves the Sheriff's station.

Malia and Lydia are in the school's library discussing a dream Lydia had about Canaan.

"You saw a carousel?" Malia asks her, staring at her computer screen.

Lydia nods, "And a big sign that said 'Canaan.'  And people disappearing in clouds of smoke."

"Do you ever have nice dreams?" Malia asks, scrunching up her eyebrows.

"We need to go to Canaan," Lydia tells her.  Malia shuts her laptop.

"It will be helpful if we knew anything about the place.  I keep calling the number for City Hall, and no one answers.  The only map I can find it on is thirty years old."  Malia reaches in front of her to grab the map she'd found.  She unfolds it as she speaks.  "So far, the only thing I know about Canaan is where it is."  She points at the name on the map circled in red, not too far from Beacon Hills.

Lydia stands and stares at Malia.

"That's all we need to know," she says before taking the map with her.

Hayden, Liam and Luna are walking down the hallway in another part of the school.  Liam's trying to figure out a way of catching a Ghost Rider.

"Scott, Malia, and Lydia are going out to Canaan," Liam says.  "He said to go through with the plan as long as it doesn't destroy his house."

"What plan?" Hayden asks.

Liam glances between his girlfriend and his best friend before keeping his eyes on his girlfriend.

"Your plan."

"I don't have a plan."

"Well, you said you had all these ideas about how to catch a Ghost Rider."

"I had one idea.  It was pretty bad.  And then I had another really bad idea."

"Anything that could help?" Liam asks.

As he says this, Luna and Mr. Douglas shuffle to get past each other, both of them sending the other a polite smile.  Once they're through, Mr. Douglas sends Luna a nod and they go on their way.  At least, Luna does.  Mr. Douglas listens in on the couple's discussion.

"Yeah, but it's terrible," Hayden says.

Liam nods, "Great.  Let's do it."

"Of course you want to do it," Luna says, interrupting whatever Hayden was going to say.  "The plan may be terrible, but as long as you've got a plan.  Might as well go for it."  Luna ponders for a moment.  "I guess that's how most of our plans go."