twenty. genotype

third person.

LUNA HELD THEO'S HAND the entire ride around Beacon Hills as he and Mason bickered about the where Aaron could possibly be. She interjected a few times to keep everyone level headed as they didn't what they were going up against exactly when they did find Aaron. But Luna could feel her own anger building up the longer Theo let her hold his hand. Of course, they couldn't do much while he was driving and Mason was in the backseat, but the longer he held her hand the more she wanted to know what was going on in his head. She wanted to know if the little bits of affection he was showing her was the green light for their relationship to move forward.

"I'm telling you we should check the tunnels," Mason says for the fifth time behind Luna.

Theo counters with a bite in his voice, "And I'm telling you we should check the school."

"Luna, where do you think we should check?" Mason asks. Luna feels Theo squeeze her hand, and she snaps back to the moment.

She looks to Theo and then speaks over her shoulder, "I think you're right. The tunnels will probably be a better place to look than the school."

Theo sighs but he keeps Luna's hand in his as he flicks the turn signal on. Luna sighs as well and crosses her legs over one another as she gets lost in a train of thought. Theo glances over at her, taking note of her sudden change in disposition. He picked up in her chemosignals that something was bothering her over the last two days, but he didn't know what it was. He was trying, like Liam told him, to not push her away but it seemed he was doing so anyway. He squeezes her hand once again but she doesn't notice it. He lifts her hand to his lips and kisses it. She looks over at him and smiles, but he can tell she's still feeling down.

They parked close enough to a manhole so they could get down in the tunnels. Luna didn't waste much time, getting out before Theo turned the truck off. Mason was close behind her as she walked over to the manhole. It didn't take much of her strength to move the cover. The smell was horrendous but it wasn't what made her hesitate from climbing down in. An intense feeling of fear radiates out of it, and she looks to Mason to see if he feels it too. Their eyes meet. He answers her silent question with a nod. She realizes he's holding a metal bat.

Theo walks up to the two of them and asks, "What's the hold up?"

He doesn't wait for a response. He starts his climb down into the tunnels without any hesitation. Mason looks to Luna, but she motions for him to wait as she climbs down after the Chimera. As Mason climbs down the ladder, Theo and Luna look around to make sure nothing threatening is waiting nearby.

"That's a pretty egotistical thing to say," Mason says after making it to the end of the ladder, "don't you think?"

Without missing a beat, Luna says, "He says a lot of egotistical things. Which one are you referring to?"

The scraping of Theo's feet as he stops walking makes Luna turn to him after looking down one of the hallways. She only shrugs as he narrows his eyes at her.

Mason ignores her comment and repeats what Theo supposedly said, "'You'd never be able to find Aaron on your own, you're not smart enough.'"

Mason walks over to stand behind where Theo had stopped walking. Luna watches Theo turn around to stare Mason directly in the eye.

"So if you found him, what were you gonna do? Beat him up with your AP Calculus book?" Theo asks, lifting his hands in a shrug before dropping them back down to hit his thighs. Which looked really good, if Luna said so herself.

Mason lifts up his baseball bat and says, "I can be resourceful."

Theo snatches the bat out of the younger ones hands and tosses it to Luna. She catches it with ease. Mason twitches in place before placing his hands on his hips. He sighs.