one. memory lost

third person

LUNA WRITES FURIOUSLY INTO the journal she's been keeping for the last few months. It's made of the same materials as her ancestor's journals. She had to search through every single store in Beacon Hills before she found a stack of them in the last store she had to check. Not wanting to run out of journals, she bought the rest of them. The cashier had told her she's lucky.

"This is the last of the stock. We're not ordering anymore."

At first, Luna didn't know what she would write in the journals. It felt weird to just write down her feelings on paper in hopes that the next generation after her would read it. There wasn't any guarantee that she would have someone to pass these journals onto. So, she thought of who she could write the journals to. Who was someone who had a major impact on her life? There was only one answer to this question because this person still impacts her life every single day. Theo Raeken.

Now, every journal entry is written to him. She speaks to him through the ink in her pen as if she was speaking to him face to face. At the top of each new entry is, "Now That You're Gone," and it's followed by whatever she is feeling and what's been going on in her life. She knows that it's pointless for her to write to him, but if she's learned anything while living in Beacon Hills is that sometimes people being gone doesn't mean they'll be gone forever.

After finishing her thought on the page, she drops the pen on top of the journal. Cleo, her cat she'd adopted not too long ago, jumps onto the desk and pats her way across the surface to nudge her face into Luna's hands. A few words smudge as Cleo steps on the fresh ink in the journal.

Usually Liam pays her a visit for a little while in the evening to make sure she's doing okay or just to hang out, but tonight, him and Hayden are going on a date. He had high hopes that this time the date would go smoother than the others he had taken Hayden on. Luna felt bad for always taking Liam away from Hayden just because she can't get her shit together. It wasn't fair for the couple. She knew her neediness was causing a strain between them. She hoped they had a great time on their date and it helps keep them together.

What Luna doesn't know is Liam and Hayden ended up stranded in the middle of the woods. Not only that, they met a younger boy who says his parents were taken. It's a little hard for them to not believe him when the windshield of the car he was in is shattered and the passenger side door is missing. They stay with them until the sheriff shows up and takes the boy back to the sheriff's station. There, the sheriff calls Stiles to bring Scott to come talk to the boy to find out what happened to his parents.

Now, Stiles, Scott, and Lydia are checking out the car to see if they can find any evidence that the supernatural played apart in the disappearance of the boy's, Alex's, parents.

Lydia sits in the driver seat and grips the steering wheel to try and get a feel of the parents. Her eyes catch her own in the rear view mirror and she hums.

Stiles sits up straight from the backseat, shaking the car, and asks, "What?"

She replies as her finger brushes against her eyelid, "This is the perfect shade for me. Forget the name."

Stiles' anxiety peaks and he asks, "Can we please stay on topic here?"

He watches Scott walk around to the front of the car.

"I'm not getting anything," Lydia tells Stiles. They hear a coyote howl and see Scott look up. The coyote barks as it runs through the parking lot with glowing blue eyes. Malia transforms into herself, leaving herself completely naked. Lydia and Stiles get out of the vehicle.

Lydia announces as she hands Malia her clothes, "I don't think they're dead."

Malia grabs her shirt and says, "They're dead. Probably torn apart. The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood."