Chapter 47

The soul is the truth of who we are...

      .Ravenna.

     A hiss leaves my lips as I struggle taking my steps back to bed. It was at least the middle of the freaking night now and the weather's approach to winter was undeniable. I lay in bed once again, turning to find the chair Klaus had spent most of the day in... totally empty. Being in the hospital sucked, not as much as my life did but it could very much make it to the top of the list. My phone beeps, signaling an incoming message.

        *Can we talk?*

    Dad. That was definitely not expected. I ignore the message, unable to come up with a reply at the moment. Klaus' ruthless image comes to mind once again as I flick off the room's light and shut my eyes to get back to bed.

                              ×××

       "You look better." Klaus whistles, stepping into my room.

        "I feel better," I lie, brushing my hair back with my fingers. My leg still hurt like hell and I could feel the sharp pain in my abdomen every time I fucking moved. "Think you can get me home today?"

         "I'd have to check in with my dad. He's the doctor, not me." He replies, leaning against the wall with folded arms.

          "Thanks." I nod, giving a small smile.

        "Raven?"

    My head swivels toward his direction at the sound of my name.

          "Do you want to go out...on a date with me?"

       "Well...that was a very awkward way of asking," I bite on my bottom lip to stop myself from getting into a fit of laughter. I thought it was something way serious than that. I limp a little as I approach him, letting my hands to wrap around his neck. "I'd love to." I nod and then place my lips against his.

        "Was that cliché enough for us?"

      "Definitely." He grins, pulling my lips back to his.

     .Niklaus.

     Raven and I get out of the hospital just after noon and since she made it very clear that she needed some time to rest and personally heal, I had to drive her home and actually store up on my food.

         "Klaus?" Elsie tries an approach when I walk in with Raven leaning against my shoulders.

        "Shit." I cuss, lifting Raven bridal style. She lets out a loud shriek, grabbing on to me so tight that I think her nails might be digging into my skin. I swiftly swagger away, not bothering to look back at Elsie. I didn't need a properly planned lie.

        "What the hell was that?!" Raven screams at me when I drop her on my bed. She makes a reflexive stance but ends up almost tripping. My hand reaches out to help her but she flinches away. "You're seriously not believing that fucked up psycho on the street over your sister."

         "Haven't even heard her side of the story yet." I mutter under my breath but not low enough for her not to hear.

         "Are you fucking with me?!" She groans out in obvious frustration. Her movements out the door are quick despite her hurting leg and I find myself following her.

         "You're one to talk about not discussing a problem." I blurt out behind her and she halts in her track, pivoting to give me a grave stare.