Chapter 26

Stars can't shine without darkness...

          "Worried much." Are the first words I catch when my eyes flutter open. I find myself assessing my surrounding, just to figure out I'm in the hospital my dad worked in. I couldn't properly recall the last time I'd actually been admitted in here. I tilt my head and catch Elsie sitting on the chair just beside my bed. She had a change of clothes now and looked awfully tired.

          "How long have I been here?" I try sitting up on my own but end up getting help from my older sister. I lean my back against the bed head and let out huge sighs.

         Elsie places her fingers to her closed eyes and rubs. "Since 8am this morning. You sure gave everyone a huge scare, just to have us discovering you've just been pretty stressed out and have been skipping out on your meals."

         "Just been thinking." I mumble and Elsie's hand finds mine as she squeezes.

         "Why didn't you tell me?" She asks.

     I stare at my only companion in the house and give a weak smile. "You just got back and I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

         "You seemed to want to talk to somebody about it." She says.

         "I did and I talked to Shawn about it last night. It's fine, I guess," I brush my fingers through my hair and out of sudden curiosity, place my palm a few inches away from my mouth before breathing on to it. I scrunch up my face at the stench of my own breath. "Please tell me you got me my—"

          "Bathroom!" Elsie giggles, pointing towards the room linked with the one we were in. She pulls out her phone when I get off the bed and arches a brow at her screen. "I'll go get you food. It's getting pretty late."

      She pivots her screen towards me and I almost give up on another black out when I realize it's five pm. Did I hibernate?

       I toss off my shirt and watch as Elsie leaves the room to go get what she promised to.

      .Ravenna.

         It isn't until lunch break, my notation comes to mind. Klaus was nowhere to be seen. I catch sight of that best friend of his, Shawn sitting at their usual table with a bunch of guys around him, all chuckling and sharing random informations. I hadn't really gotten a chance to talk to him after I got back from my independent runaway which had actually been caused by him and then he had caught sight of Levi and I and must probably be thinking I had lied to him after I explicitly told him I wasn't interested in a relationship.

          Lunch break ends and his dark hair doesn't come into view. I'm highly infuriated and unable to decide whether it's caused by the fact that I cared even after the shit I had gone through at his house or because I had foolishly kept my hopes up even after it was obvious he wasn't walking in, any moment in time.

         My phone beeps with a message just as I head out of the cafeteria, dumping the residual food on my tray into the trash bin at the entrance.

       *Wanna meet up? I know this really cool bar we could have loads of fun.*

         I'm not surprised to find the message is from Levi and I shove my phone back into my jacket without giving him a reply. He had been getting really clingy lately. I didn't do clingy and he was starting to let the relationship fuck him up. We were just friends, cueing a lot of benefits. No feelings involved.

       School passes by in a bore after my realization about the British boy and so, when the bell sounds signaling the end of the school day, I'm more than relieved to exit the building.

            A huge force has me stumbling backwards, just when I arrive at the spot my motorcycle had been parked earlier that morning. I'm about to cuss the person out when I realize it's Shawn, looking all panicked in Sonic's rush. I easily shove him backwards, placing my hand to his shoulder.

          "What the hell is going on with you?" I calmly ask, displaying the complete opposite of his reaction.

           "Oh...Hi Raven." He pants out the oddest words at this moment.

           "Shawn? Why do you look so freaked out?" I repeat my question.

         "Klaus..." He lets out huge breaths, his chest heaving up and down as he did that. "Just got a call he's in the hospital. I'm going to check on him."

       My eyes almost make their way out of their sockets as I take in the new piece of information. I try my best to cover up my reaction as I stare Shawn in the eyes and say my next words. "Want a ride there?"

        I drop Shawn off at the hospital and he hurriedly scurries in without even stopping to know if I was following behind. I liked their friendship. They cared about each other.

        I'm tempted to go in and be assured that Klaus is fine but I'm unable to do that as I'm unsure as to whether he'll be glad to see me or not. Making up my mind, I lock my helmet and make my way out of the parking lot. It was better not to get involved.