Chapter 62

We drink the poisons our mind pour for us and wonder why we feel so sick...

      .Niklaus.

     "I love you Niklaus Larson."

     Those five words were probably my favorite. I'd heard a lot of words people may consider more exciting, but to me, those words were the most joyous ones I've ever heard. Under the rain, watching her pull down her walls, catching a glimpse of one of the best smiles I'd ever seen and then hearing the most exciting words ever.

      There's this sappy way people say they know when they're in love. When everything goes from Black and white to having colour. Seeing things in a much brighter manner. I wouldn't exactly call myself a believer of such words but recently, everything's starting to lose colour once again. She isn't around as much anymore and I'd do anything to have just a screaming fest with her. I can't tug on her short hair or bother her while she reads anymore and I don't think she's willing to have me back in her life once again.

       "We're closing blue eyes." The bartender reports, trailing towards me. She's the one who's really familiar with Raven. I remember her from when we'd have our first sick fight in this same bar.

       "Can't you just lock me up in here and go?"

       "Wish I could do that but that might be an excuse for you to steal our stash."

       I sigh, taking my last shot and downing it. I was so used to the burn at this point. "Thank you." I groan, getting off my stood.

       "You're the one she likes, aren't you?" The bartender's voice brings me to a halt. "Klaus?"

        I stuff my hands into my pockets to keep them from freezing. "Not anymore. I screwed up."

      "Not that I don't have better things to do but...wanna talk about it?" She offers and I pivot to catch her staring at me with a small smile.

       .Ravenna.

     "Could you pass that?" Jenna asks, gesturing towards the TV remote next to me. I lift a brow before handing it over to her.

      "Do you do anything except watch TV all day?"

         "I work. You're welcome." She rolls her eyes, browsing through the channels.

         "The hell? Your money doesn't do shit for me so why would I be thanking you?"

        "You know, you should really learn to be a little more respectful." She seethes.

        "This is me trying my hardest." I wink.

      I stretch out on the couch, settling down to watch her shit shows with her. How bad could they possibly be? They weren't bad at all...until we got to the romantic ones and I tried my best to not avert my gaze or gag when a kissing scene or more came on.

      When the end credits of what I decide to be my last show for the day rolls up, I make my way towards the door.

        "Where are you going? It's almost past your curfew."

       I halt, snapping my neck to look at her. "I have that?"

       She face plants and I don't wait for her to recompose herself before shutting the door behind me. My dad didn't give me curfews. Why the hell would I need one?

        "Um–could I get a cheese burger, an extra large milkshake and a solid apology?" I put on my largest grin, staring at Levi who was still working at the diner.

      I was starved and this was the closest diner to the house. Last time I checked, I wasn't a coward.

      He sends my order to the kitchen and lifts a brow at me, not delivering the fresh, hot apology I requested for.

       "You can go sit down, your food will be with you soon." He speaks formally.

        "I want my apology Levi and I don't care if you mean it or not," I lean in. "I want it anyway."

      "I'm working here."

    "Who cares? You didn't care that I was with my boyfriend when you stuffed my mouth with yours." I roll my eyes.

        "Raven–"

    I cut him off, grabbing fistfuls of his shirt to yank him closer to myself. The counter was the only thing between was and was the asshole lucky. My voice drops to a whisper as my eyes scan his.

       "Do not get me pissed Leviticus," I grind my teeth, using the name from the Bible. "If you don't apologise right now, I'm going to walk up to your manager and say you harassed me."

       "What?!" His eyes bulges. "It was just–you can't do this."

       "I've had people tell me I can't do a lot of things but I've been pushed to the edge so fucking much that I know what I can and can't do," I tug him closer. "You really don't want to know."

     His bottom lip quivers. "I'm sorry."

      "Isn't the speaker here used for something?" I graze my fingers over the microphone just next to us.

        "I can't–"

      "Bill's your manager, isn't he?"

      His hand trembles, reaching for the small microphone. I release him, letting him deliver the proper apology that was meant for me.

       "Um–hi everyone, hope you're having a good time..."

       "Cut to the chase." I snap at him.

      "I would just like to apologize to our customer here, Raven...I'd managed to piss–"

       A mother nearby covers the ears of her child while shooting a dirty glare towards Levi's direction.

        "Oh–um–I'm sorry," He clears his throat. "And I'm really sorry for getting you mad Raven, I didn't intend to," His jaw clenches. "Literally."

      My order comes up and he delivers it to me.

        "That's a good boy." I smirk, paying for my food.

        "Levi!" Bill roars, stomping into the restaurant, giving the customers quite a fright too.

        "Have a goodnight lovely." I wink, exiting the diner.