Chapter 29

Here,in the forest,dark and deep,I offer you eternal sleep...

         The sound of approaching footsteps has me dropping my bottle. Placing my hands around Raven's body, I lift her up bridal style and even though she makes more incoherent sounds, she doesn't awake and I scurry, taking her back to my room. I ignore my subconsciousness that repeatedly mocks me about her flipping out at me in the most vicious way if she awakes and find herself in my room and go ahead to lay her on my bed. Funny how she didn't wake up with how reflexive and properly self defensed she was.

        I pull open my door once again, sticking my head out to scan the area. Deciding, I had no reason to act all creepy, I head back towards the receptionist. My initial aim was to get water after all.

       .Ravenna.

        The heady, woodsy scent of a cologne has me scrunching up my face as my senses aren't used to being occasionally disturbed when I'm unconscious. I slip in and out of the disturbing dreams I've been getting lately about Klaus and I'm almost certain, his name slips out but I could have also been delusional, seeing as I was in some sort of weird trance.

        A hand suddenly slips around me, lifting me up. I'm awed but try not to show it, just so I can get a proper look at the asshole who was getting all touchy like this. To think perverts couldn't try shit at hospitals.

         The person's steps are somewhat a mixture of being slow and equally fast. Trying not to disturb the others while also aiming at getting out of here quick. During one of his fast movements, I sneak a peek and my eyes immediately clasp shut at the view before me. Klaus.

        He gets me into one of the hospital rooms and I'm laid on a surprisingly comfortable mattress. A few minutes later, the door sounds again and that's when my eyes flutter open. He was gone.

       I could have left the hospital but the bothering fact that I really wanted to see Klaus remained. Taylor was bound to leave and she probably did but I fell asleep while waiting. There was also, obviously no way there was anything going on in between the both of them. Taylor was rude and mannerless and while Klaus might be troublesome at times, he didn't seem like the kind of person who would go for her.

        My boots come in contact with the tiled floor while I sit still, observing the room for some brief seconds. My eyes land on Klaus' sketch book and I'm intrigued as I stalk towards it. I stand beside the desk, flipping through the pages until I finally stop on what seemed to be a realistic drawing, yet to be completed. The short dark hair and piercings given to the girl doesn't have me wondering who she was for long. The door swiftly opens once again in that moment and Klaus walks in, staring at me in awe.

.Niklaus.

        I wasn't expecting to see Raven going through my sketches when I got back in. What I expected to see was a girl, who I really admired, on my hospital bed unconscious.

       "Nice work." She comments and I know she's seen the unmistakable drawing of her own self.

         "Thanks," I curtly reply, dropping my bottle on my table while I cover up my book once again. "I thought you were asleep."

         "I awoke." She arches a brow.

      "Didn't think you'd come visit." I say, pretending to be absent minded, busying myself with searching for the perfect place for my book to be now. I didn't want her thinking I cared so much for what she said or did for me.

        I hear and feel her steps as she gets closer to me. "Couldn't really resist after bumping into Shawn."

          "He told you?" I swiftly turn to look at her and I'm surprised by how close she had gotten.

         "Kind of made him to," She shrugs. "I also kind of offered a ride."

        "You were here before?" I almost yell my question.

      She nods her head and I can't believe my ears or is it eyes? "What happened?"

       Her next question comes with her fingers brushing against the loose strands of hair falling on my forehead. I kind of liked those.

         Getting used to her constant mood swings, emotional play time and tendency to get touchy every once in a while. I don't budge when her skin brushes against mine.

       "Been stressed. Fainted." I reply.

       "Want to tell me now?" She asks and I lift a brow, totally oblivious of what she's talking about.

         "What?"

       Her eyes shut for a second but then open again to look at me. "I know you could have only gotten stressed because of what was going on with you in school? Everywhere. I guess."

          I clear my throat, realizing what she's asking. I avert my gaze from her face, desperately avoiding looking at her lips once again. The last time I tasted those, they were silk soft and tasted like the strawberry flavour.  "It's kind of personal."

       "Who am I going to tell? Nobody? Exactly because I relate with no one." She scoffs.

          "Won't this have you taking off again?" I narrow my eyes at her and almost immediately regret saying that.

      Her reaction is unexpected as she cracks a smile and lightly lifts her shoulder. "Depends on what it is."

      I finally give in to a defeated sigh. "It's my parents. They're getting separated."

        Her brows furrow as she takes in this information. "That is bad. I'd say I understand but..."

        "Your parents are still happily married. Yeah, I know." I interrupt her, talking in an unusually deeper voice.

        She bites down on her bottom lip and stares at the floor. Her reaction has me wondering if I said something wrong and her next words confirm it. "My mom's dead."

         My eyes widen at her words but I'm mostly shocked by how her voice cracks at the end of her sentence. I'm tempted to provide comfort and solace but decide against it as she doesn't seem like the kind of person to like those sort of things. Instead, I find my mind travelling to the dumbest words to say at the moment and just before I can reverse them. They slip out my mouth.

          "Can I kiss you?"

     Her blue eyes meet with mine and i don't try to falter since the words had already left. A smirk tugs at the corner of her lips as she pulls me in by the neck and crashes her lips to mine.

         As our lips repeatedly lock and disconnect. The most random thought comes to mind. She visited and she cared most.