Chapter 61

Love me like my demons do...

      Curse the word love. Curse the act, love. Curse the fact that humans are capable of being in love.

       I wasn't going to be a coward and run away from Klaus. If anything, it should be the other way around, he's the mother killing, two faced asshole. That's literally taking hurting someone in a relationship to the next level. Literally.

        "Hey, do you think I could get a ride back from school? It's really cold out today." I request, gazing expectantly at my dad who was still in his pajamas for some reason. Who knew old people wore PJs anyway?

        "I might be busy but you can catch a ride with Ellie," he suggests. "She'd be more than willing to give you."

       A snort escapes my lips at his words. "And try the whole stepmother, step daughter bonding shit? No thanks. I'll find my way around."

       I plug in my headphones heading out the front door. Going to school after skipping for the whole of last week sure felt weird. I had this whole butterfly thing in my stomach. I guess I was nervous to see him again after the whole drama. I am kind of glad he didn't try coming around to shove some kind of explanation in my face. So cliché and expected.

      "You're still here?" Taylor scoffs when I walk past her in the hallway. "I thought you'd have transfer or something."

       "And I thought you'd have manage to get some sense into that empty head of yours," I tsk. "Guess we don't always get what we wish for."

       She lets out a frustrated groan and stalks off, letting her heels make ridiculously loud clacking sounds.

       "Hi Raven." I'm startled by an excited Kaitlyn when I reach my locker.

       "Kaitlyn?! What are you doing here?"

       "Um–My mom works here? And I'm offering to help with your school's winter formal."

      I roll my eyes at her last words. "How many dances does a school have in a term?"

       "Who cares? As long as we get to party and munch on free snacks." She hollers.

        Kaitlyn seems a little less uptight than she was at home. "Didn't tag you as the party type."

       "Oh well, we still have years together to figure each other out."

      A shiver runs down my spine when she says that. The whole marriage shit was really happening, wasn't it?

        "Anyway...I've got to get to my school. Have a nice day." She sighs, and begins stalking off.

       "You too, I guess."

     I pivot and catch Klaus staring at me. My fist reflexively goes to his face, busting up his nose. That was creepy. Who just stands around someone without saying shit?

       "Motherfucker!" He screams out loud, grabbing on to his nose. His eyes turn a dark shade and I think they begin to get moist.

       "Just know, I didn't plan on doing that but I'm so glad I did." I snarl, pulling my locker open.

      "Deserved it." He mumbles. I pull out a handkerchief and hand it to him. He hastily accepts and put to his throbbing nose. Damn. I throw a mean punch.

       "I don't have anything to say to you Klaus. You lied to me, we were based off lies. We never actually cared about each other."

        "That's not true. I cared–I still do. I didn't always know."

        "I'm going to try my best to be mature about this situation then," I sigh, closing my locker. "When did you know? After Laser Tag?"

       He shakes his head. Wrong guess.

     "After Levi? Your family's cabin?"

      "Before Laser Tag actually. After meeting John." He confesses.

       "You're one manipulative asshole." I groan out, shoving the piece of clothing in his hands into his mouth.

       I begin my mini stampede when he appear before me once again. "We might have cliché moments sometimes but we are definitely not having a cliché fight."

       "You think this is cliché Larson? You killed my mom! You lied to me! You said–you said you loved me." My voice cracks when the last words get out.

       "I never lied! I meant every word I told you. The only thing I didn't open up about was your mom and as stated on her file, it was an accident!"

        "Do not tell me that bullshit." I scream out loud, my voice going higher than I intended for it to.

       "Well sorry but the bullshit is true and I'm not going to go around feeling guilty for the things you want me to feel guilty for," He fumes. "I only kept one thing away from you and if you're really going to let that ruin everything we have–"

        "There is no we." I cut in.

     "See you around Black." He hisses turning his back on me before stalking away.

      I refuse to allow any sort of guilt creep in. I wasn't at fault in this scenario. He had lied to me. That was so uncalled for. Maybe we just weren't meant to be with each other after all. We were getting along way too well anyway. I don't get along with anyone.